Kieran Foran

Off field drama:

Personal issues - reportedly attempted suicide, long standing difficulties. He says all is sweet now, who knows.
Mixed up with match fixing allegations and his involvement with bookie Eddie Hayson.
Dispute with Manly over unpaid money. Not really his fault but it adds to the overall sense of drama with the guy.
Serious questions over his body and ability to play full time NRL anymore.
4 clubs in 4 years.
Manly
Parra - left for personal reasons after 9 games.
Warriors - Took the risk and gave him a lifeline away from Sydney. He left them after one year (contract was 1 year) to return back to Sydney with Dogs.
Bulldogs - Signed a three year deal but the dogs now attempting to medically retire him, over a toe injury.

I really doubt the dogs would be able to medically retire a player without that players agreement. Showing Kieran is happy to walk away with a final payday and call it quits. And you think that is a good option to roll the dice and potentially bring him here?

At his best he is worth twice that easy ..

You’re probably right, but he’s not even half his best anymore, therefore he shouldn’t be getting half his full worth. He’s a shell of his former self. A third, if that, which is $333K tops.

I still can't believe people are trying to justify Foran even if off the field he is on a clean slate.

He's not going to make us better then we are now, his days of playing a full season are behind him and we wouldn't be able to get him for a fair price which is about a quarter of what he is on now.

We had our chance last year and he signed with the bulldogs because des was there, end of story really. It's not even worth discussing anymore anyway, literally no one is taking him.

All because Marty johns triggered people to get views on his show lol

tlxpyu.jpg

Off field drama:

Personal issues - reportedly attempted suicide, long standing difficulties. He says all is sweet now, who knows.
Mixed up with match fixing allegations and his involvement with bookie Eddie Hayson.
Dispute with Manly over unpaid money. Not really his fault but it adds to the overall sense of drama with the guy.
Serious questions over his body and ability to play full time NRL anymore.
4 clubs in 4 years.
Manly
Parra - left for personal reasons after 9 games.
Warriors - Took the risk and gave him a lifeline away from Sydney. He left them after one year (contract was 1 year) to return back to Sydney with Dogs.
Bulldogs - Signed a three year deal but the dogs now attempting to medically retire him, over a toe injury.

I really doubt the dogs would be able to medically retire a player without that players agreement. Showing Kieran is happy to walk away with a final payday and call it quits. And you think that is a good option to roll the dice and potentially bring him here?

Mate he was in a bad way because his Marriage broke down a lot of people have massive problems when that happens don't worry .
Match fixing ALLEGATIONS but nothing happened to him about that hey so just Allegations nothing more …
The dispute with Manly was all Manly and him just wanting what he was owed (clutching at straws here mate ..
Apparently he has a bad Toe injury but apparently the rest of him is fine now
How many journeymen play in the NRL heaps of guys go to a lot of clubs so what .
Manly best 6 in the world
Parra , Marriage breakdown a lot of people commit suicide over that and a lot have theyre lives turned upside down because of it ..
Warriors he signed a 1 year deal and played for 1 year why even mention that .
Bulldogs now want to medically retire him because they are cap cheats and this is 1 way to help themselves out of the hole they dug has nothing to do with him
Mate you and I have no idea what is going on between Foran and the Dogs you have no idea if he wants to walk away or not and as I said Matty Johns is a lot closer to it than me and you
This stuff is all clutching at straws ..

Mate he was in a bad way because his Marriage broke down a lot of people have massive problems when that happens don't worry .
Match fixing ALLEGATIONS but nothing happened to him about that hey so just Allegations nothing more …
The dispute with Manly was all Manly and him just wanting what he was owed (clutching at straws here mate ..
Apparently he has a bad Toe injury but apparently the rest of him is fine now
How many journeymen play in the NRL heaps of guys go to a lot of clubs so what .
Manly best 6 in the world
Parra , Marriage breakdown a lot of people commit suicide over that and a lot have theyre lives turned upside down because of it ..
Warriors he signed a 1 year deal and played for 1 year why even mention that .
Bulldogs now want to medically retire him because they are cap cheats and this is 1 way to help themselves out of the hole they dug has nothing to do with him
Mate you and I have no idea what is going on between Foran and the Dogs you have no idea if he wants to walk away or not and as I said Matty Johns is a lot closer to it than me and you
This stuff is all clutching at straws ..

Speaking of clutching at straws, sounds like an awful lot of excuses to me. I guess it's just a coincidence that he's had 4 clubs in the space of a few years, no issues there at all, he's fine.

And you don't think clubs think about all this with recruiting?

Of course all of this and probably more would be considered by them. Rightly so.
Mate come on he has done nothing wrong there he had a mental breakdown because of his Marriage break up that's all ...

Yep, all legit that he gut hunted from Manly, and Brett Stewart and Steve Matai never played again for their club despite having 2 years on their contract and being paid in full without comment UNDER their cap.

And you don't think clubs think about all this with recruiting?

Of course all of this and probably more would be considered by them. Rightly so.

Even if people are not looking into off field stuff he is up there with Bird as worst buys of the year and that doesn't look like changing based off his injury history going forward. Thankfully there is still nothing to this story.

I did say only if the club thinks his mind and body are good to go if not I wouldn't buy him either , but if he is good to go then he could be the best buy and him beside Pearce would be deadly along with Ponga at 1 and maybe Watson at 9 with Levi …
On the other hand Austin isn't a bad player either and may go well here but I don't think he will help with the amount of points we leak ...

Even IF we can be sure he is right to play, and IF we can be sure his body will hold up, are we going to be the next club to throw this guy a life line and hope his form comes back and holds?

That alone is a big risk, 500k is a lot of money to burn for nothing, for a few years. And we do not know he is right mentally or physically, adding those factors in and the risk is huge.

Even IF we can be sure he is right to play, and IF we can be sure his body will hold up, are we going to be the next club to throw this guy a life line and hope his form comes back and holds?

That alone is a big risk, 500k is a lot of money to burn for nothing, for a few years. And we do not know he is right mentally or physically, adding those factors in and the risk is huge.

Nope. People are basing things on his form three years ago when he hasn't been good whatsoever since then. Even without the too many what ifs. Not sure who in their right mind thinks its a sturdy investment. Better off keeping lamb on less tbh lol

The club wouldn't just sign him without making sure he would be right to go they are not stupid , and Matty Johns seems to think it would be a sturdy investment and as I said before he is closer to it than any of us .

Back