Ken Sio signs with Salford

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by rhugh89, Oct 18, 2018.

1. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Just had a look, we used 6 outside backs this year. Denniss, Sione, Moga, Ross, Sio, SKD.

At the moment they have Moga, Ross, Lee, Ramien, SKD and trying to get Jennings, which makes 6.

Lee in for Sio, Ramien in for Sione, Jennings in for Denniss.

2. Ethan

Ethan Timana Tahu

I don't mind Sio going to be honest but I would offer Dennis a small upgrade on his last contract for 2 years because I think he will make a good winger and maybe centre not sure about centre though . At the very least he would be a cheap backup for both spots if needed and he is improving as a player imo .

Lefty likes this.
  3. Ethan

Ethan Timana Tahu

1 Ponga/Watson 2 SKD 3 Ramien 4 Moga 5 Lee 6 Watson/Ponga 7 Pearce ...That's a good looking backline right there , chock full of talent , power and speed if all fit and going well they will worry any team as long as the forwards are doing theyre job .
    Add Jennings to that and it looks better again and imo you don't lose talent you lose desire and will and 1 thing that can effect that is surroundings maybe a change of clubs would help there ..
    If he came here and played well we would have two explosive centre's with him and Ramien and if Moga was fit I would put him to wing outside Jennings and let Moga be our Beast , sounds good anyway .
    1 Ponga/Watson 2 SKD 3 Ramien 4 Jennings 5 Moga 6 Watson/Ponga 7 Pearce That's not bad either hey .

Defender1 likes this.
  4. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

It's a lot better than Sio/Ross/Sione/SKD, which was the most used combo this year.

Ethan likes this.
  5. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Adam Woolnough

I like the look of the backline, certainly an improvement over last year and the best backline we have fielded in a long time.

Fingers crossed we can get the forwards to take advantage of it.

Knightsobsessed and Ethan like this.
  6. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Ken scored a double in Salford's upset win in the first round.
    Luke Yates played in London's first game in the top grade in 5 years and wooden spoon favourites London scored an upset win over top 4 fancies Wakefield. Yates topped the tackle count and had the most metres per run in the forwards. Match reports said the small and fit London forwards outplayed the big Wakefield pack - but no report I read even mentioned Yates.

7. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Good stuff always good to see our ex boys do well.

danknights and Wobbles like this.
  8. R_A

R_A Darren Albert

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Yeah I am happy for them it's amazing how the NRL's scrap heap is the ESL's treasure.

9. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

After 2 games Salford are top of the table and Sio has scored 3 tries.
    Yates made 41 tackles in London's second game.