Kalyn Ponga

Morgan, Munster, Cleary will all have something to say about that halves pairing long term.
I'm fairly confident Pearce/Ponga are both better than them all. Only thing holding back Pearce is his Origin winning history and that he is damaged goods in a way.

Cleary is getting by purely on clout atm, Pearce as of now is the better player. Morgan isn't looking like taking the Cowboys to the gf again any time soon. Munster I've gotta give it to him, love the dude.

I'm fairly confident Pearce/Ponga are both better than them all. Only thing holding back Pearce is his Origin winning history and that he is damaged goods in a way.

Cleary is getting by purely on clout atm, Pearce as of now is the better player. Morgan isn't looking like taking the Cowboys to the gf again any time soon. Munster I've gotta give it to him, love the dude.

No doubt next season's success will depend on the recruitment of some quality forwards and a healthy spine. Ponga/Pearce in the halves with Watson popping up in support should be lethal and has the potential to take is deep into September with some luck.

On another note, as for Munster, he really stepped up this year after a controversial pre-season. I'd like to see him leave the Storm and head to the Cows to partner Morgan as a running 5/8. If the Barba/Holmes swap plays out, they'll have a truly impressive spine from 2020 as well.

I’m sure you would of been saying Morgan was no chance of taking the Cowboys to the GF in 2017 as well. Morgan is a better player than Pearce.

No doubt next season's success will depend on the recruitment of some quality forwards and a healthy spine. Ponga/Pearce in the halves with Watson popping up in support should be lethal and has the potential to take is deep into September with some luck.

On another note, as for Munster, he really stepped up this year after a controversial pre-season. I'd like to see him leave the Storm and head to the Cows to partner Morgan as a running 5/8. If the Barba/Holmes swap plays out, they'll have a truly impressive spine from 2020 as well.

The Cowboys won’t be going after Munster in my opinion. Not while Clifford and TMM are on the books.

I know what you're saying, if dropped into the Kangaroos set up, they would be fantastic as a pairing & could well be better than the option they actually go with. But it would never happen, unless we win the premiership next year or something.

Try 4 brilliant seasons and one injury interrupted/ending season in the last 5 years.

Disagree mate, good player aside from that 1 year without being great, as well as Thurston, no Coote either which is a blow, Scotts on the slide as are a lot of your other forwards, not saying he won't be as good, BUT his got the task ahead of him.

What are we basing the who is better argument on? Just opinion?

An argument of who is better out of Paeaece and Morgan against Cowboy fans and Knights fans is pointless.

But Pearce is clearly better haha

The one area I'm not convinced about with Ponga moving to the halves is his laid back attitude.
Good halves are bossy little units who let people know what they want them to do.
Pearce lets people know.
Joey Johns would give anyone a spray if they mucked up a play.
Funniest example I saw was little Luke Walsh in a reserve grade game pointing the finger and chasing big Matt White half the length of the field to give him a massive spray for not running the line he wanted him to.
If Ponga needs to step up to be our main playmaker in a game, I can't see him laying down the law.

The one area I'm not convinced about with Ponga moving to the halves is his laid back attitude.
Good halves are bossy little units who let people know what they want them to do.
Pearce lets people know.
Joey Johns would give anyone a spray if they mucked up a play.
Funniest example I saw was little Luke Walsh in a reserve grade game pointing the finger and chasing big Matt White half the length of the field to give him a massive spray for not running the line he wanted him to.
If Ponga needs to step up to be our main playmaker in a game, I can't see him laying down the law.

Great point Billy. He's pretty vocal at organising the defensive line ahead of him at fullback, hopefully he can draw on that

Disagree mate, good player aside from that 1 year without being great, as well as Thurston, no Coote either which is a blow, Scotts on the slide as are a lot of your other forwards, not saying he won't be as good, BUT his got the task ahead of him.

1 brilliant season at fullback in 2014 having never ever played a game there in his life until round 1.

2 brilliant seasons as JT’s right hand man in the halves going toe to toe with him on try and line break assists. Also being the main man that got us the premiership. No Morgan in the final 30 seconds no premiership.

1 brilliant season being thrown in being the main man for the first time. Guides the side to the GF while both co captains out injured. Several others out injured plus atleast half a dozen including himself playing injured where they shouldn’t of been throughout the finals series.

No Coote? Everyone on here was laughing at Coote being in the side not long ago due to Ponga going so well. Barba is an attacking upgrade on Coote no one can deny that.

Clifford showed us his potential as well. The Walker brothers who coach the Jets in Q-Cup have repeatedly stated he was the best halves/player in the comp last year. Not bad for a kid in his first year of seniors having taken out the NYC player of the year award the year before (ahead of Ponga mind you).

Then throw in the incumbent NZ 5/8th in TMM as well... Morgan won’t be doing it all on his own. Will have a solid supporting cast there to help.

Most Cowbous fans will be worrying about the hooking position the most. That’s the real issue.

P.S Morgan is clearly better than Pearce :p

1 brilliant season at fullback in 2014 having never ever played a game there in his life until round 1.

2 brilliant seasons as JT’s right hand man in the halves going toe to toe with him on try and line break assists. Also being the main man that got us the premiership. No Morgan in the final 30 seconds no premiership.

1 brilliant season being thrown in being the main man for the first time. Guides the side to the GF while both co captains out injured. Several others out injured plus atleast half a dozen including himself playing injured where they shouldn’t of been throughout the finals series.

No Coote? Everyone on here was laughing at Coote being in the side not long ago due to Ponga going so well. Barba is an attacking upgrade on Coote no one can deny that.

Clifford showed us his potential as well. The Walker brothers who coach the Jets in Q-Cup have repeatedly stated he was the best halves/player in the comp last year. Not bad for a kid in his first year of seniors having taken out the NYC player of the year award the year before (ahead of Ponga mind you).

Then throw in the incumbent NZ 5/8th in TMM as well... Morgan won’t be doing it all on his own. Will have a solid supporting cast there to help.

Most Cowbous fans will be worrying about the hooking position the most. That’s the real issue.

We've got a live one here!
Hold onto your hats!

Nice to see its not just Knights fans who over hype their own players.

Back