Kalyn Ponga

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Aidos, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Darren Albert

Hell, you could run the dog at FB for 1 game. With Watson still in the halves. Anything but more Cogger.

2. Still_Nutty

Still_Nutty Kade Snowden

With Pearce running 90% of our play options we need a solid defender who can pass as the 5/8 and in this instance I'd almost be happy to see Buhrer nominally in the 6 jersey against Parra. If Brown isn't keen on that then I'd definitely take Lamb over Cogger purely for his better defensive capability - whilst he isn't a tackling machine, one of the things Lamb had improved on was his defence over the past 12-18 months and he is streets ahead of Cogger on that from for mine.

3. R_A

R_A Darren Albert

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Seems like Round 20 could be the targetted return by reports.

4. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

If its a choice between Cogger and Lamb at 5/8 I would pick neither leave Watson there and give Meaney a go at F/B ...

member 2299 likes this.
  5. Wobbles

Wobbles Shane Christensen

Or leave the 6 jersey hanging over the back of the bench and run out with 12 players...

danknights likes this.
  6. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

7. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Clint Newton

8. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

The father of the little girl in that interview, Matt, was one of the main organisers of the old supporters group "Knights Crusade". I remember his wife was very involved too. Die hard Knights fans. They used to go to junior games and cheer as well. I remember Matt was very keen to attend all the games when Garth Brennan coached a really strong side that included Tyler Randell, Will Smith, Chad Redman, Pat and Chanel etc in under 16s.

Defender1 and rhugh89 like this.
  9. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Matt White

Project Manager
    Good to see these sort of stories in Rugby League - not enough recognition goes the extra curriculum activities the boys do in the community off their own bat.

10. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Apparently his joined 9's stable and was on the footy show last night(Really wish he'd not done this so early in his career, just a distraction. But no doubt getting paid a mozza.) Any update on his return from there?

11. Damo Levy

Damo Levy Michael McKeirnan

That possibly could come in our favour when it comes to resigning him.

Hopefully anyway.

12. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Yeah true, I'd like to think we'd extend him by the end of next year for another 5 to take him off the market permanently or better still this year while his still happy just to be playing first grade :)

13. Billy

He just did an interview on the footy show - from his home with a dog on his lap.
    They asked him what he was doing in his spare time and he said he is keen on photography and will look at graphic design or similar as an area of study, which is a bit different.
    Lockyer asked him about moving to the halves and he said Brown had said he could move any time he wanted to, but said he was happy with his current role while he learnt more.

Barry Crush and Frank McWilliams like this.
  14. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

If you check out his Instagram feed you could see he has an eye for photography.

15. Billy

The odd thing about the Ponga interview on the footy show is that they quizzed him hard about life outside football, and after the interview they said "Freddy" keeps going on about what he might be getting up to in Newcastle.
    It really sounded like Fittler has heard a lot of tall tales from Johns about what he got up to in Newcastle and thinks Ponga is in danger of ending up in that sort of lifestyle.
    It seems pretty odd that he thinks that. If any player wants to get into that sort of thing they will, and Sydney has 100x as many opportunities to be led astray than Newcastle has.

16. Tubby

Tubby Matthew Rodwell

He seems pretty level headed, I don't think it will effect him too much. Nathan Cleary is doing the same thing with Fox

Sounds like he will be an almost certain starter for the Cowboys next week

17. Barry Crush

Barry Crush Tony Townsend

Retired
    I think the reference was on the sunday footy show freddy said that he'd be relaxing at the cafe on mereweather beach with pretty woman hanging all over him if he was in Ponga position getting paid top $ to go to Newcastle, Joey said bar and they all laughed when talking about the photo of him jumping off the roof into the pool at beginning of the year.

18. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

19. krustykraz

krustykraz Brett Grogan

20. nunnsy

nunnsy Trent Hodkinson

The cowboys obviously new he had plenty of talent like everyone else did. The didnt know that he would be playing like he is now in his first real season of first grade or they would have offered him a lot more to stay.