Kalyn Ponga

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Aidos, Mar 9, 2018.

1. listo

listo Neil Piccinelli

I get cowboyman going at Billy for this, 3/4 of his posts are only to rag him out as he’s got nothing better to contribute, but 2299, you’re the surprise package these days old feller, cranky old bugger ;)

2. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

How about instead of the p*ssing contests and wanting one to succeed and the other to fail why don’t we just support both of them?

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  3. listo

listo Neil Piccinelli

**** yeah, you’re my hero Mozza

4. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    upload_2018-5-17_19-22-12.jpeg

Beaumont, Wobbles, Battler and 3 others like this.
  5. The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd

The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd Mike McLean

Asset Manager
    I like Kalyn Ponga. I think he is a good full back.

6. danknights

danknights Adam Woolnough

Is he a fullback? I thought he was God.

7. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Chur. I don’t hear that nearly as often as I should.

8. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Josh Perry

Your work here is done

9. cowboyman

cowboyman Mark Hughes

Hospitality
    This some very poor joke?

I’ll quote and question anyone who tries to make up excuse after excuse for Lamb but then not do the same for someone like Watson who has been a way better performer this season and in previous years. Couldn’t care less if it’s Billy or not.

One tenth of my posts would be directed at poor old billy.

Maybe you should listen to your own words and post something that’s contributing to the thread and not ‘rag’ someone out?

10. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Ditto ditto ditto

You guys would be happy to win another three spoons no doubt, but play only 'locals'!

cowboyman, slotmachine and Tasgirl like this.
  11. Rob

Rob Alex McKinnon

If you're referring to Watson, he pretty much is a local and I don't have a prob with him. I just don't talk him up falsely to the detriment of other players

12. Ethan

Ethan Sean Rudder

Maybe i would but we will never know because he didn't pass he just looked like a rabbit in the head lights mate he stood there and took the tackle on multiple occasions and if you think that was good play your LOCAL thing is going i bit too far because the same thing you said good decision for i was saying well that's crap play for a reserve grade half let alone a 1st grade half ....
    Don't get me wrong though last year he was starting to look like a 1st grade half so he has it in him I'm just not sure what has happened to him this season because he doesn't look like the same player at all...
    IMO the kid has the talent just not the mindset at the moment ...
    2nd year syndrome is a real thing and maybe that's what is happening here hopefully he will come good soon ...

13. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    No Rob referring to the overall distaste by some to all imported players. Take Glasby. Has not even arrived and the negativity and moans have begun. For mine Browney and Mooney know what they are doing.

As far Watson goes I always supported him coming here and at the moment with Lamb's poor performance, he is trying to do too much sadly. In the halves it takes two to tango and I see problems until Junior comes back and performs as the dominant partner.

Ethan likes this.
  14. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

There is not a person here or anywhere saying "we need our halves to step up, we need that Watson guy to take control of the team and do a lot more kicking".
    The reason no one is saying that is because we all know he doesn't have those skills.
    People are heaping **** on Lamb because they don't think the kid on 100k a year is doing the same as the 29 year old SOO and 250 nrl game veteran on a million a year.
    Fair call - he isn't as good as Pearce.

15. mullenmagic

mullenmagic Daniel Abraham

Watson is doing a competent job in the role he's been given, Lamb is not.

16. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

If we are judging him on playing 5/8, but not doing any playmaking or using any skills that remotely resemble 5/8 skills - he is killing it.

danknights likes this.
  17. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

More to the point, Lamb can't do the role Watson is doing either, because it was tried, and he was terrible.

Lambs defence was OK against the panthers, but that was more a result of the Panthers not testing the edges at all, because they only had to smash us through the middle to score. He only had to make 9 tackles when he was averaging 25 or so before he was dropped.

The biggest issue at the moment is his timing, totally out of sync with the rest of the team. It has been an issue all year. I hope Brown is right and he's had a big week at training, combined with playing one of the worst teams in the comp, should hopefully see that improved.

End of the day we need him to go well because no one else is going to play halfback until Pearce is back. And if we don't beat the scrubs like Titans/Dogs/Eels the season will be done by that point.

18. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Brett Grogan

Project Manager
    In fairness to them both, Lamb was calling the kick down field with his arm up and was hareing off in that direction , but Watson had Defence closing in and went for the pass as Lamb had bolted, if they were both on the same page or even in sync with there understanding of each others abilities the result would have been different - this will come as combinations develop.

19. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Brett Grogan

Project Manager
    Reasonable point Billy , they were in most peoples mind ( except the Refs ) off side and moving up early all night which does take time and space away , often this can be counteracted by standing deeper - maybe he has learnt for next time.

20. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Andrew 'Joey' Johns

I said this should of been our plan from the moment Pearce went down.
    Coggar and Lamb are both targets at 7 on the last, dropping 3m back from our flat style thst Pearce plays would help a lot for our rookie halves.

member 2299 and slotmachine like this.