Kalyn Ponga

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Aidos, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He hasn't learnt it yet. He is very hot and cold as a playmaker at the moment. Some of the opposed sessions he killed it, and some were a bit ordinary - I think he looked better before Moga returned, and I don't think he and Moga are on the same page yet.

2. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Ponga already looks like a playmaking and running 5/8 in attack. He has his spot in the line between Fitz and Moga and camps there all game.
    Watson looks more like a fullback with limited playmaking skills.

LEVR likes this.
  3. LEVR

LEVR Banned

Remember how it was preposterous to suggest that Ponga would be anywhere near the halves ?

4. cowboyman

cowboyman Mark Hughes

Hospitality
    Pretty sure everyone said he would end up there eventually but not on this contract he won't. He signed to play fullback so that's where he will stay in the near future.

Good to hear he had a good game. His biggest challenge is consistency and it's a very long season for a virtual rookie. There will be ups and downs that's only natural for someone if his age.

danknights and Tasgirl like this.
  5. LEVR

LEVR Banned

Lmao. Who are you to say what will happen and when?

He is basically already playing the role lol. Im not making the case for him to wear the 6 on his back, im just asking why we need to take a position on where he will or won't play, and within certain periods of time. Its all a bit silly imo

And again, trying to impose your view on reality. There doesnt need to be ups and downs lol. He looks really solid already. Theres no reason why he cant do that every week. Billy Slater was playing origin 18 months after debuting in FG. There were no 'ups and downs'

You're expectations were wrong. That is all.

6. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Wow

Who are you to say what will happen and when....

Then proceeds to predict what will happen...

Just wow

Lefty, Tim and cowboyman like this.
  7. LEVR

LEVR Banned

At what point are we able to just sit back and say, hey, Ponga is a good, natural footy player. Playing well week on week is not something that is difficult for him?

Honestly. So ridiculous that because you've absolutely committed yourselves to an opinion, even reality itself is inconvenient. If Ponga is inconsistent at times, that is totally sweet. He's only 19. But it looks pretty obvious that he is a calibre of talent that finds it easy to perform at a high level. Why we must expect that he WILL struggle at some stage is plain dumb

8. 88Knight4life

What? You answer the questions in the same post...

Tell kenny i said hi, thanks kenny.

9. danknights

danknights Sean Rudder

KP is a freak. Nuff said really. I can't wait too see him in broken play or sprinting 100 for a try.

member 2299, packo and 88Knight4life like this.
  10. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    What impressed me the most was he was looking to get involved in everything both in attack and defence. He saved our butts on several occasions through sheer desperation on our goal line and kept a level head under pressure situations. Hope he can do that on a consistent basis because holy hell we’ll have a player on our hands.

member 2299 and Quinny like this.
  11. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

#gayforkalyn

Wobbles, Matty23, Beaumont and 4 others like this.
  12. cowboyman

cowboyman Mark Hughes

Hospitality
    Not me but kalyn himself said he signed for an open shot at fullback.

Ofcourse there will be ups and downs you deluded fool. The best of the best still go through patches in form. If you think a virtual rookie in his first full season at fullback won't go through ups and downs then you're a lost cause.

13. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Todd Bates

I'm sorry but :giggle::giggle:

Not sure why you have jumped in to attack CBM for a simple post. Must you turn everything in to a battle?

14. LEVR

LEVR Banned

Did billy slater have ups and downs? What about Hayne? What about Inglis?

No. They just improved over time

Again, why must you expect that he WILL struggle? Why can't he just improve over time? That's what majority of the games best players do

Im sure that his growth will be nonlinear. He might have a quiet couple weeks here and there, sure. But you spent the last year telling me and everyone else on this forum that Ponga will essentially be a talented NYC graduate with significant deficiencies in his game which would take a couple years to weed out

You. Were. Wrong. Sorry champ

Enjoy Coote

15. 88Knight4life

Those 3 definitely had poor games during their first 12-18 months of nrl, its only natural for a KID to have poor games and make mistakes!
    But fark me his gonna be special, a very special player for a long time for us hopefully.

16. LEVR

LEVR Banned

Every player in the world has poor games im definitely not arguing that. He's certainly gonna have a bad game here and there. That's not the point. The point is that in young Ponga we have a complete fullback who will only improve over time

17. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Well yes he is my understudy.

Kurriboy likes this.
  18. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Todd Bates

He wasn't wrong """you just disagreed with him""" it's a forum you just have to state your opinion and let others decide if you are right or wrong, in this case you where wrong to say he wasn't right or was that you were right to think he might be wrong, I could be wrong about that, Right.

cowboyman and 88Knight4life like this.
  19. 88Knight4life

You are right about that, right on que to.
    Could of been left right alone, but someone has to be right all the time, right.
    Am i right? Or am i right?
    To right i am right... right.

20. Joel

Joel Touche...

He wasn't wrong at all ugh, this post sounds so smug. He's pretty much saying exactly what Brown said in the the presser about him.

cowboyman likes this.