Official: Knights sign Kalyn Ponga on a 4 year deal

U shouldnt EXPECT though mate,
Thats where the first problem with young high paid players starts.... expectations

It's not that farfetch'd mate. He's a dominant playmaker at NYC level, coming into a side lead by Thurston, he's a support player to the main guy. As he gets more confident, in time he should be one of our main playmakers calling for the ball rather than sitting around waiting for it like tonight.

He is just a kid. Errors in attack and defence will happen. The thing about kayln though is he IS a gamebreaker. No doubting that at all.
He is always hovering and always ready in attack! He isn't complete yet, and I wanted him this year! But the more I see and with the lessons he learns this year, I think we get a much better footballer in 2018!

He is always hovering and always ready in attack! He isn't complete yet, and I wanted him this year! But the more I see and with the lessons he learns this year, I think we get a much better footballer in 2018!

Now the initial hype of his signing has died off, I'm happy watching him learn his trade not at our expense. He should get plenty of game time & lessons this year, hold him in good stead.

Yeah i copped plenty for thinking it was great to have him up there this yr..... a simple sorry u were right is fine guys :lol:

Not the only one. Apparently I was just butthurt he was leaving. It's a no brainer you'd be better off having him next year after being with JT and Morgan for another season.

Not the only one. Apparently I was just butthurt he was leaving. It's a no brainer you'd be better off having him next year after being with JT and Morgan for another season.

Yeah he just kind of sis ont he left hand side, i loved how composed he was after making those errors.. Also the team didn't play that well, it wasnt only him making mistakes, the Knights are much better off with him playing with JT, Trent can't help him or show him anything as he is one of the most underperming players in our team.

All this backlash is just people dirty he is coming to Newcastle.

Ponga ran for 197m in a game where cowboys struggled....

Yes he did... 1 run of 70m included.
He also had 9 tackle breaks 5 in that 70m run.

No one can doubt his skill set including myself.

Though as ive said from day dot, he is young and will need at least 2yrs from when we signed him to be a fully competent fullback.

He had 1 handling error and 2 very poor reads in D on the goal line that ended in a try... those errors outway those meters unfortunately.

Lucky for us thise errors are on the cowboys clock not ours which is a win for us

Looking lost tonight without JT, needs to go looking for the ball, more support of his forwards hips...

Cowboys look defeated before kick off to be honest they are not playing well so far not much ball...

Forwards are struggling for the cowboys

Yes he did... 1 run of 70m included.
He also had 9 tackle breaks 5 in that 70m run.

No one can doubt his skill set including myself.

Though as ive said from day dot, he is young and will need at least 2yrs from when we signed him to be a fully competent fullback.

He had 1 handling error and 2 very poor reads in D on the goal line that ended in a try... those errors outway those meters unfortunately.

Lucky for us thise errors are on the cowboys clock not ours which is a win for us

These errors will be ours next season, its going to take hima while and Coote will be back soon so he won't get many more games at #1

Well the cows are getting ready for life without JT and Scott. I will be filled with grief for them. Nice to see Morgan leading by example. Obviously Ponga even though a baby new there were screwed and was taking the first life boat out of there. The other JT must be on suicide watch as well with his 10 year deal.

Don't worry Ponga we'll take care of ya.

Looking lost tonight without JT, needs to go looking for the ball, more support of his forwards hips...

Cowboys look defeated before kick off to be honest they are not playing well so far not much ball...

Forwards are struggling for the cowboys
Well their missing 1 forward to be honest with you good to see what the others effort will be without Thurston cracking the whip

Well the cows are getting ready for life without JT and Scott. I will be filled with grief for them. Nice to see Morgan leading by example. Obviously Ponga even though a baby new there were screwed and was taking the first life boat out of there. The other JT must be on suicide watch as well with his 10 year deal.

Don't worry Ponga we'll take care of ya.

Yeah maybe that was one of the reasons he left besides the $ kinda like the storm once cronk and slater and smith are gone, they will not be the same team for a while and the cowboys will have to rebuild as well.

Coming to newcastle he is at a team thats been rebuilding for a while so better chance of playing finals/winning something.

Back