Jarrod Mullen suspended by the NRL after testing positive to steroids

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by relicorange94, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Scott Conley

Seems a tall story to me that any player would allow some random injection in to their system with the reasoning that it was just amino acids. If that is all it was, and this was the magic cure, surely the club would have done this themselves.

I don't believe Mullen to be THAT stupid. And he hasn't named names so all this is his own story.

I don't believe it but will watch tonight to see what the entire interview says.

2. Beaumont

Beaumont Paul the Chief Harragon

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Of course a peptide consists of 2 or more amino acids.

3. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Scott Conley

Well, Cronulla would have done it anyway :)

He should have known better. And is paying the price. I don't believe his story.

4. danknights

danknights Clint Newton

Has the story aired yet? Im interested to see what he says.

5. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He just said all the things that have been reported - to intrepid reporter Willie Mason.

6. Quinny

Quinny Paul Rauhihi

Student
    While I respect what Mullen did on the field for us I think that interview was a soft option for the first time spoke, sitting down with one of his mates to be feed soft ball questions rather than facing any real scrutiny. His whole argument that he did it to get back in the park and help the team is pretty weak too let's call a spade a spade here at the end of last year Brown had moved Mullen to hooker and was transitioning Lamb into the halves and Mullen out. Mullen was not trying to avoid another hamstring tear to simply help the team he was doing it to save his career, this was a gamble that backfired and will forever tarnish his legacy which is a shame because he seems like a fairly decent guy.

Tasgirl likes this.
  7. Ven

Ven Tea Ropati

i'm willing to bet the footy show will throw some money at him for a longer, more in depth interview by Fatty or some other douche.
    I do know for a fact there is a hell of a lot more to this that hasn't been said, and will prob never come out.

8. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

modern burlesque dancer
    tbh Ven, his pretty much y'days news now so doubt it.

Who even on here really gives the bloke much thought now?

Lefty likes this.
  9. Ven

Ven Tea Ropati

yeah Fair point.

10. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    It was hardly an interview just splashing a bit of gloss around to make it look better.

Lefty and slotmachine like this.
  11. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Scott Conley

12. Quinny

Quinny Paul Rauhihi

Student
    She has got to be kidding and obviously has no understanding who makes the rules around these sort of suspensions,writing to Greenburg won't do anything when ASADA is the governing body for handing down these punishments. Mullens suspension would have been lighter had he given up info on who gave him the injections but he choose not to leading to a harsher punishment so to claim he was unfairly treated is ridiculous. The club has done all they can to support him but this all issue of Mullens making by going outside of the club and getting unapproved injections.

Lefty and Tasgirl like this.
  13. R_A

R_A Todd Bates

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    She does have a point in that the Sharks peptides program was incredibly shady and the legitamacy of their premiereship and some of the help their players received in that regard will probably be debated for a long time. A lot of other fans are still pissed off about it.
    The fact that they got off incredibly lightly because they accepted the punishment is a pretty big joke

Sandor Earl can also probably consider himself unlucky in that regard

Unfortunately for her Mullen manned up and took it on the chin. Not sure what the Knights can do if he takes advice outside of their medical team. Ive maintained all along I hope that just because he isn't playing for them now I hope they are keeping track of him and in touch. Whether the NRL do is another thing.

14. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Steve Linnane

I see both sides of this, question is was the test showing performance enhancing if so then ban is fair and can be reduced by giving requested information.
    If the drug is non performing enhancing then the ban seems harsh at 4 years considering his clean sheet and was taken to get back on the field

15. Tubby

Tubby Willie Mason

The difference is Mullen went outside of the club for treatment, as did Sandor Earl. The powers that be don't look to kindly on that type of behaviour

16. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Matthew Johns

U answered ur own thoughts mate

Frank McWilliams likes this.
  17. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Matthew Johns

U go against protocol and break the rules, u get a kick in the a$$.
    U go against protocol break the rules and keep silent..... u get hit twice as hard.

Ack like a dog expect to be put in the kennel

18. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Scott Conley

Tasgirl likes this.
  19. Lefty

Lefty Wayne Richards

Because of Jarrod's mistake the Knights have lost a key playmaker this season.

There are no winners from this situation and there is only so much the Knights can do for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Ven

Ven Tea Ropati

people can try and dress it up however they like, end of the day jarrod stuffed up and now he has to wear the consequences.

time to move on