Jarrod Mullen injured again

Ethan

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Newcastle Knight Jarrod Mullen’s NRL future clouded after injury

Phil Rothfield, Sports Editor-at-Large
The Daily Telegraph
November 29, 2016 2:00pm

21eb041f89c98bce211483493693ce6f

[FONT=&amp]THE long-term future of Newcastle skipper Jarrod Mullen is in doubt following the revelation the former State of Origin representative has suffered a recurrence of a serious hamstring injury.

Mullen broke down last week while doing a simple ballwork drill and there are fears the injury could be related to a pre-existing problem.

The ball-playing pivot tore his hamstring off the bone and needed corrective surgery after a game against Manly on Anzac Day last year. He was sidelined for three months and played only 14 games for the season.

Knights coach Nathan Brown even used him at hooker where he could reduce his running game to take pressure off the hamstring.

While Knights officials are tight-lipped about their concerns for Mullen’s long-term future, it’s no secret the talented five-eighth has constantly battled leg injuries for the past three seasons.

A downhearted Mullen has vowed to bounce back as quickly as possible but admits to being extremely frustrated.

“I’m certainly not having much luck at the moment,” Mullen said.

“It was just a simple drill. I was just squaring up at the line and it just went on me.

“Unfortunately these things happen in footy. I’ll just have to get it right and go from there.

“The frustrating thing for me is that I have been training really well and looking forward to a big season next year.”

Mullen has missed almost half a season with injury in each of the last three years.

He is the Knights’ highest-paid player and Brown desperately needs him on the field to try to lift the club off the bottom of the table in 2017 after back-to-back wooden spoons.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y/news-story/21eb041f89c98bce211483493693ce6f
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Said it last year. One of my favourites but really it is time to consider retirement Mullo. Best option retire him and free up salary cap.

We have paid our highest paid player 3 years pay for 1 and a 1/2 seasons play and now he cant do a simple ball drill ....Were definatly not getting our monies worth out of him and haven't been for 3 years...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Carney is looking for a club...

So sad. It's not his fault & he bleeds for this club. If we could downgrade his contract to something much cheaper I'd be happy to have him around, I'd go as far to say he'd be earning his contract for the 10-15 games he plays. But for half a mil, it's just getting ridiculous.

He works too hard on the leg machine at the gym. They did a weights session yesterday and now this..... Anyone else see it?

Just a strain won't be a big issue.
He doesn't need to train as much as the young guys anyway.
If it's more than a strain it's a worry.

Poor Jarrod, he has had a wretched run of injuries and appears to be getting more "fragile", great clubman, I sure hope he and the club can work out a successful rehab program for him.

My favorite knights player. It's sad, I'm just getting sick and tired of him getting injured.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Talking about regular injured players. I bet rochow plays all games for the rabbits next year no dramas haha

So sad. It's not his fault & he bleeds for this club. If we could downgrade his contract to something much cheaper I'd be happy to have him around, I'd go as far to say he'd be earning his contract for the 10-15 games he plays. But for half a mil, it's just getting ridiculous.

His time is up.
You can't have him playing 10-15 games a season on a reduce contact.
That's just silly.

His time is up.
You can't have him playing 10-15 games a season on a reduce contact.
That's just silly.

If he was playing good for minimal money in the few games he gets on the field, I wouldn't see a problem with it. Would have to probably play him off the bench as an impact hooker though, can't go around constantly moving Lamb from being a starter to reserves, would disrupt his development.

Moot point though, Mullo is not going to give up 500k. Browny will tell him to **** off soon, so he either plays NSW Cup, retires or gets a big payday in England.

It's a concern how easily he's straining them now, the last 2 have pretty much come from nothing. Unfortunately previous tears and age are the biggest risk factors for re-injury and Jarrod is on the wrong side of both.

My favorite knights player. It's sad, I'm just getting sick and tired of him getting injured.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

He's my favourite player too, surely if he has another serious injury this year, it will be his last with the Knights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back