Jamayne Isaako

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by ASJ82, May 19, 2018.

1. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Matt Gillett mate not Alex Glenn.

2. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    And all nicely under the cap?

3. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

TPAs help and we all know the Broncos are untouchable, That was demonstrated by the "investigation" a few years back

I remember seeing something that The Storm and Broncos benefit from TPAs more than anyone, In excess of $500,000 each with The storm close to $800,000

4. Wobbles

Wobbles Mike McLean

I appreciate the valuable additional funding that TPA's provide to the game overall, but the way it skews the salary cap is a never ending source of frustration.

An extra $500k means a club can potentially replace a decent player with a marquee player, while $800k is the difference between having say Slater and Smith on your roster instead of Lamb and Levi.

rhugh89 likes this.
  5. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I think the TPA system is a source of deep frustration for many fans mate, It's a flawed system no doubt

Wobbles likes this.
  6. Wobbles

Wobbles Mike McLean

Without digging back into what the deal was before the Super League split in regards to TPA's, the current system feels like a bastardised compromise between that flirtation with open cheque books and one where a salary cap is exactly that: a cap.

7. Beatell

Beatell Dean Carney

and Hass

8. Jaybro

Jaybro Shane Mackley

I actually think a goal kicking winger is needed more so than a centre at this point.

Ramien and Moga will start in the centres next year and will still have Sione, SKD and Ross who can cover that position if needed.

We really need a goal kicker and I think most would be happy to upgrade Sio/Ross for Isaako.

Isaako may want to play fullback but Darius is the Broncos fullback and is only 31 so I'd be offering Isaako a deal, no harm in that

9. BargeArse

BargeArse Darius Boyd

Definitely worth looking into, but Boyd is aging and slowing down. Who knows if he’ll play on when Bennett leaves, too. Isaako would be an idiot not to stick around for another year or so as he looks like the obvious successor to Boyd. Broncos would be silly letting him go as well. Can’t see it happening.