Israel Folau

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by R_A, Apr 16, 2018.

1. danknights

danknights Mark Hughes

You would get more value for money with both Morris boys then you would folau.

Lefty and Tasgirl like this.
  2. Bring it home knights

Bring it home knights Daniel Saifiti

With the avg nrl salary around the 320k mark, there is no way that Falou would sign for 500k.

3. R_A

R_A Darren Albert

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Yeah I think nrl clubs are gonna smarten up after watching certain teams toil away their salary cap on so called million dollar players.

Dugan, Boyd, Cronk, Bird come to memory

Almost makes me wonder whether anyone other then a halves, or a Cameron Smith calibre hooker or a Taumololo is worth that price tag anymore

4. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    Yeah, nah.

5. Ak-47

Ak-47 Jake Mamo

Yes for me. Class player all round will make a difference, one thing knights struggle this year is execution. Provided we get those forwards we are after otherwise no forwards no push in ruck and we just watch SKD and Folau catch bombs all day.

6. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Also everyone to a man here wanted Stig burnt at the stag for the same thing, why are we even discussing Folau.

Matty23 likes this.
  7. Lord of the Skraelings

Throwing the bank at? He'd be worth a good offer but hardly a marquee player. (Crocker)

8. Wobbles

Wobbles Steve Crowe

After hearing Folau double-down on his homophobic comments and offer to walk away from Union if they thought it was in the best interests of their code, it makes me wonder why would the NRL have a more tolerant attitude to that public stance? He's equally likely to upset the NRL community as he has done to Union.

I'd be surprised if there were many sponsors happy to have a publicly homophobic athlete as the face of their brand.

That has to considerably offset the feel-good story of him coming back to league. Folau to the Knights? No thanks.

Tasgirl likes this.
  9. Wobbles

Wobbles Steve Crowe

I've always rated Croker and he's got a lot left in him, but agree he's not a marquee centre in the same mold as for example Inglis was in his earlier days. Given the clear deficiencies in our roster in the centres On the open market I'd still be happy if we picked him up. But that's purely hypothetical.

10. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

This Homophobic crap gets me if he is homophobic so are 2 and a 1/2 billion other Christians as they believe what they're gods word says and it does say (men who practice homosexuality will not be allowed in the kingdom of heaven ) and anyone that doesn't get to go to heaven goes to hell ...So why all of a sudden ( the last 20 years or so ) are people not allowed to express they're opinion they're religons opinion or they're gods opinion about a minority without being persecuted for it ...So sick and tired of minorities whinging about they're feelings being hurt because someone has a different opinion to they're's ...Bring him to the Knights i will cheer for him every game and back up his rights ...OH and I'm not religious one iota ...

packo and Frank McWilliams like this.
  11. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Dont even start this crap.
    Last time i heard the devil hasnt brought out a book, so how the fark would anyone know what hell is about.
    Fyi, ive lied, cheated to win, stole as a kid, drunk myself senseless many times and even eaten cray fish many times.
    All those things are sins in gods books.
    So im one of the devils boys, he's gonna farking dig me.
    As for this ohmo crap, i dont give a flying fark at all...
    You dont like gays, thsts fine... dont marry a gsy person.
    Ahhhh isnt it a simple solution..... #nannystateagendaownedworldofchit

12. Wobbles

Wobbles Steve Crowe

I think we can blame the prevalence of social media for that change. Everyone with a keyboard or camera phone can say whatever they want to a global audience.

I'm an open atheist and think it's all a bit crazy. Ultimately though I don't care one way or another about what people choose to believe provided they're not openly hateful. Would we be defending his comments if he was pushing a harmful racial opinion such as being anti Asian, or another religion such as anti Muslim? Probably less likely. What if his religion legitimately believed abusing kids was acceptable?

The majority of us can say virtually anything and get away with it to a large extent. Is that necessarily fair? Probably not.

Unfortunately for Folau, he's a public figure in an industry with a lot of stakeholders and needs to consider how his (and yes another 2.5 billion or more) views can hurt the image of the sport. In an age where the public is less tolerant of both literal and metaphorical gay-bashing and we have legislated gay marriage it's a sensitive issue there'll be repercussions for going against that.

Yes, he's a tremendously talented athlete with a lot to offer on the field and someone will take a punt on him, but they'll need to accept the implications that comes with. I expect that a fair proportion of Knights fans would be uncomfortable with him expressing those views publicly. Regardless of his price tag, for that reason I can't see Wests endorsing his signing.

13. danknights

danknights Mark Hughes

I don't care what his beliefs are. If he comes here and gives 100% every game for a price tag that's suitable then I'll cheer him on. He doesn't hate gays he just doesn't condone it. So bloody what.

Ak-47 and Ethan like this.
  14. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    No doubt he genuinely believes what he said and good luck to him.

This is precisely what freedom of speech is about much to the disappointment of the PC leftists!

Ethan likes this.
  15. Lord of the Skraelings

That's what Izzy basically stated today even saying himself that he'd be punished for many things.

16. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

I have 2 gay nieces who i adore 2 female gay friends who i love and a gay mate who is a great bloke and i don't give a rats what they prefer sexually and I'm also an Athiest... I'm just sick and tired of Minorities telling people what they can't think , believe , or say because it might hurt they're feelings ...I can tell you here and now if there is a heaven i wont be going there after the things ive done ...

Levil Kinevil likes this.
  17. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

Big yes for Izzy coming here from me besides Pearce and maybe Ponga he would be the best player in the team ...

18. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

So many sinners on here. Looks like I’ll be the only one headed to heaven when I kick the bucket. #gayforgod

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    packo and slotmachine like this.
  19. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Regardless of what you believe, it's seriously dumb for Folau as a high profile person with sponsors to go on social media commenting that gay people will go to hell. He could express his beliefs in a more civil, less divisive way, or better yet, keep it in private & not comment on social media about it. I wouldn't hold a guy's beliefs against him & would welcome him with open arms for the right price, he is only practicing what he's been taught his whole life after all. For the record, we're all going to hell, every one of us has committed sins, or is it only certain sins that go to hell, like being gay?

Wobbles likes this.
  20. Wobbles

Wobbles Steve Crowe

If hell is indeed a place (which I doubt), isn't it fair to say that that'd be where all of the fun stuff happens? Heaven sounds pretty lame by comparison, way too polite for my tastes.