Hosting costs

jamesgould

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Staff member
Admin
Hi everyone,

You might not know or remember me, but I'm James, I set up this site back in the distant past. I got an email this morning telling me that our site hosting costs have come up for renewal ..the cost is $144 US dollars for two years hosting (that's pretty much exactly $200 Australian).

I'm sorry to have to ask, but we've fundraised through here before for it and got a great response. The last four or five years, Jekk has paid the money herself. So to avoid that, this year I'm going to ask for donations. If anyone has a spare few bucks that they wouldn't miss, then that would be fantastic. Paying for the hosting like this removes the needs for advertising, which I never want to see on here. :)

So if you are able to help, me and the other admin and mods would really appreciate it! The link is below, or you can log into paypay and send it to the email address: marathonstadium@yahoo.co.nz

Oh and if you can't donate, that's cool ... no pressure at all, keep enjoying the site.

Thanks to the donations so far! :) We’re at $21.78 at the moment. And yep, it’s done through PayPal, so all fully secure and everything.

Thank you to all! We’ve had some very generous donations and reached $126.90 US! So all but there! :D

If anyone wants to get us there then go for it. The other thing we could go for is an upgrade of the forum software, that would cost $55 US for another year’s license (which we’d need to upgrade). There’s a 2.1 version out now and we’re on 1.4 here (I think, 1.-something anyway). So it would be good to upgrade and it would provide a bit better security against hackers etc too, who have probably worked out version 1 by now.

But that’s more of a nice to have, the main thing is the hosting and we’ve pretty much done it! You lot are legends! :)

upload_2019-2-21_13-40-1.png
:applause:

Happy to contribute

Back