Gidley set to be axed

Why is everyone arguing about a stripped ball..If that strip cost the blues the game then I must of been watching the wrong game when Hayne let in 2 tries on the wing.

In short Gidley should be the fullback and captain and I don't really care where they put Hayne.

But because NSW is so crap Gidley will prob get dropped and they will keep Hayne because of that fluke run last year that took the eels into the final. I haven't seen a hint of that this year yet they keep picking Hayne.

Anyway good luck to the blues, QLD to win 3 - 0

Hayne was poor in game 2 at fb, but Gidley isn't the answer either. I agree with Willyum that the strip was 2 in the tackle, Inglis hit the ball from behind which dislodged it.

But Gidley makes costly errors in most games, like picking the ball up outside the field of play in game 3? last year, taking his eye off the ball when it was grubbered towards him, he was in the right positio knowing it was coming, but completely went under his legs. Put him at Hooker, he can still play that position fine.

I'd put Coote at fb now, and probably Dugan in the future. I rate Coote over Slater atm, he positions himself well in defence and attack.

On a side note, NSW selectors are trying to appeal for Uate to be eligible for nsw for game 3

Man most of you guys are so bias. Gidley has done jack all, stop saying he played crap because of the halves or something like that. He was appointed captain for a reason his job was to lift everyone and he didn't do that , put him as hooker not as fullback.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

I have great eyes, 20-20 and there blue.

I think you could use a trip to OPSM tho..

I have terrible sight, so wear very strong contacts 24/7. So I have been to the optometrist ... have to go back once a year too, after I got blinded for a few months in one eye a couple of years ago by a stupid cricket ball.

Buuut ... my eyes are blue too. We're twins!!! :lol:

Man most of you guys are so bias. Gidley has done jack all, stop saying he played crap because of the halves or something like that. He was appointed captain for a reason his job was to lift everyone and he didn't do that , put him as hooker not as fullback.

Gidley is definitely the best leader NSW have got. Overall he outplayed Hayne's effort at fullback. But his basic errors let him down, he made another one as soon as he came on in game 2 and Queensland scored off the next set.

No we aint bias in the paper after both games he was named as one of the Blues best why dont you go comment on the Raiders players who played well for NSW, ohh wait there was none and its very hard as a skipper to lift a team from the bench whose forward pack and backs for that matter are getting blown away all over the park

No we aint bias in the paper after both games he was named as one of the Blues best why dont you go comment on the Raiders players who played well for NSW, ohh wait there was none and its very hard as a skipper to lift a team from the bench whose forward pack and backs for that matter are getting blown away all over the park

Ummm actually, there was Tom Learoyd-Lahs

It's pretty rich Hustler (aka Josh Dugan's love child) calling people on here biased! :lol:

Gidley is definitely the best leader NSW have got. Overall he outplayed Hayne's effort at fullback. But his basic errors let him down, he made another one as soon as he came on in game 2 and Queensland scored off the next set.
What has Gidley achieved out of captaining his club side let alone rep level? He's the best leader ? Hindmarsh,Luke lewis,Lyon,Watmough?
Are you being serious that Gidley had the best 2 games?? Either you are blind or the guy who wrote is a massive Knights fan. Why do we need a skipper at all when he just sits on the bench for half of the game?
It's pretty rich Hustler (aka Josh Dugan's love child) calling people on here biased! :lol:
I knew someone would say that but i'm only calling out for Dugan because he's the best in form "actual" fullback in the game followed by Coote. It's not like i'm calling for Campese or Monaghan to be picked, how am I being bias?

What has Gidley achieved out of captaining his club side let alone rep level? He's the best leader ? Hindmarsh,Luke lewis,Lyon,Watmough?

Are you being serious that Gidley had the best 2 games?? Either you are blind or the guy who wrote is a massive Knights fan. Why do we need a skipper at all when he just sits on the bench for half of the game?

I knew someone would say that but i'm only calling out for Dugan because he's the best in form "actual" fullback in the game followed by Coote. It's not like i'm calling for Campese or Monaghan to be picked, how am I being bias?

That is a deadset stupid question, Gidley leads by actions and has come in under presure when Johns and Buderus retired and skippered the side to a finals series in his first year as captain. As a matter of fact he is the best leader, Hindmarsh done didley squat in Game 2 and got dominated, Luke Lewis dosen't even captain at club level, Lyon is grossly overrated and won't even be playing in game 3 and Watmough is more rocks and diamonds than Ben Rogers and Jarrod Mullen and hasn't even captained a team before. Have a think before you say.

He wasn't the best player out there in Game 1 and 2 but the brainless numbskull's out there that are saying he is the worse player are absolute drop kick's. Not being biased I would rate him in the top 4 for game 1 and 2.

I have terrible sight, so wear very strong contacts 24/7. So I have been to the optometrist ... have to go back once a year too, after I got blinded for a few months in one eye a couple of years ago by a stupid cricket ball.

Buuut ... my eyes are blue too. We're twins!!! :lol:

Explains why you didnt see that the strip was illegal

He wasn't the best player out there in Game 1 and 2 but the brainless numbskull's out there that are saying he is the worse player are absolute drop kick's. Not being biased I would rate him in the top 4 for game 1 and 2.

He was probably the best player for the blues in game 1

A team is 17 players achieving victory, not one. He has done a great job captaining both teams full mostly of lazy dropkicks. As for your suggestions, Hindmarsh may not even be repicked, and didnt show any leadership qualities in game 2, Lewis doesnt captain his club side, and will mostly like be on the bench, Lyon wont be playing as he is out injured, and Watmough is hot and cold and definitely doesnt have captain material in him atm.

He may not have had the best game, but he didnt have the worst game and has played far better then hayne and most others this year. He was always amoung the best blues players on the field in both games, and you could visibly see the team lift when he was up there in attack. Him being on the bench for game 2 was a crime. He is still the best choice for captain.

Ummm...Coote is a better fullback then Dugan, and should be the odds on pick if hayne or Gids arnt Fullback.

Last edited:
Nope coz with my contacts in my vision is perfect.

Only biased NSW ond Gidley fans are with you ... meaning: wrong wrong wrong!!!

James, im really starting to think your a closet QLD supporter. And they is nothing wrong with that, you should come out and admit it. You'll feel all the better for it.

Take a look at a replay of it. The ball is still in Gidleys hands and he has position of it until after GI is wrapped around him.

I think james, your wrong wrong wrong

James, im really starting to think your a closet QLD supporter. And they is nothing wrong with that, you should come out and admit it. You'll feel all the better for it.

Take a look at a replay of it. The ball is still in Gidleys hands and he has position of it until after GI is wrapped around him.

I think james, your wrong wrong wrong

Well Phil Gould must be a closet Queenslander as well then, and Peter Stirling, because they both thought it was a fair try.

But fine then, my eyesight is useless, I don't know the rules, Tahu's a ****head, players from outside of Newcastle only have one good season in them, Kevin Naiqama is the next immortal, Andrew Johns is Mother Theresa, and I'm just wrong about everything and a total moron.

Well Phil Gould must be a closet Queenslander as well then, and Peter Stirling, because they both thought it was a fair try.

But fine then, my eyesight is useless, I don't know the rules, Tahu's a ****head, players from outside of Newcastle only have one good season in them, Kevin Naiqama is the next immortal, Andrew Johns is Mother Theresa, and I'm just wrong about everything and a total moron.

I'm gald for you :)....Must have been tought to admit.

Back