Front Rowers Please!

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by krustykraz, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Mr Goanna

Mr Goanna hung up on the glory days

yup, it's gonna take more than Tim Glasby to get this pack o' cream puffs going forward

2. danknights

danknights Timana Tahu

The saifitis have to step up big time. Need to get more leg pump going in post contact.

3. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    The twins looked like being the answer to our prayers, but for mine they do not seem to be developing as well as hoped, or hyped.

We cannot get opposition forwards to the ground and allow continual off loads with two or three holding them. Really felt for young Cogger trying hard to hold them coming through the line and spent much of the night sitting on his derriere after being brushed off.

4. Ethan

Ethan Timana Tahu

At they're best the Twins are very good but just not consistently at they're best or close to it …

5. nunnsy

nunnsy Darren Meredith

I have not given up on the twins yet. The biggest concern is work rate not sure due to fitness/ lack of motivation. Dan's runs were strong last nite over 10m per run the issue was he only had 8 runs. Were esse esse goes looking for the ball and hits it up hard. Saulo impressed even though he only had 3 runs he looked nearly the size of Dan but the speed and intent of esse.

6. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

The twins are developing exactly as you would expect them to.
    They are 22.
    It isn't that long ago that 23 was about the age you expected props to make firstgrade, and big props usually took longer.
    They'll be at their best from about age 26, and next year, injuries allowing, they'll start getting a bit more physically mature and able to back up week after week.
    Eseese is 23 and is just reaching his potential.

7. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Totally agree billy,
    Im expecting a much more physical Saifiti twins next year, they have had a very tough introduction into nrl footy Dan more so due to more games though with thst tough lessens the hunger will come soon enough.

8. Ethan

Ethan Timana Tahu

What I wouldn't give for the Burgess boys to go beside the Twins and Ese,ese

9. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

We iced the minor premiership in Jersey Flegg yesterday (we can mathematically still lose it, but it requires us to lose all our remaining games by 50+ and Cronulla to win all their remaining games by 50+ - and neither side has lost or won by 50 all season).

The strength of the side has been the prop forwards recruited by Mooney. Momoisea and Alifa are big Polynesians originally from NZ, recruited from the Melbourne system, Fuimaono is another big Polynesian from the South Sydney system, Brandon Russell was recruited from Queensland, Kingston Puru was signed directly from NZ and the best two are homegrown Pasami Saulo and Matt Croker. 3 of those are young enough to play under 20s next year (Russell, Puru and Croker). Saulo will definitely be in the fulltime squad, and I think Momoisea, Alifa and Fuimaono are all good enough to either be in the part time squad or the fulltime squad.

Our forward pack has dominated under 20s this year and most of them have already played reserve grade - Saulo, Alifa, Momoisea as well as second rowers Dark and Fermor.

10. nunnsy

nunnsy Darren Meredith

Future sounds bright, would be nice if we had a few more nrl ready props so we don't have to rush these kids into first grade.

Lefty likes this.
  11. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Matt White

Project Manager
    Nunnsy, this is the key

12. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Love how Dan's 30 tackles and 150 plus metres a match isn't good enough. If he was at another club he would be exactly what we need and people would be crying we should through the bank at him.

He was last year and is this year a gun already.

13. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

if he was at another club he would probably be one of the best props in the game by now

danknights likes this.
  14. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Matt White

Project Manager
    Lordie , nothing wrong with DSaf from my perspective , but he needs support we sorely lack the 1,2 punch in the middle section of the game, when he and Esse take their rotation.

Lefty likes this.
  15. nunnsy

nunnsy Darren Meredith

I really rate Dan and I think he can be one of the best props in the game. I would love another dan at the club ( we do sort of in jacob). I get disappointed when he puts in an average game because I know how good he can be. But in reality his average games are better than the rest of our props barring esse.

danknights and Simon Templar like this.
  16. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Darren Albert

Dsaf has potential sure, but since when is he consistently churning out 150m plus per game?

I really hope the Safs develop some more next year. At the moment I think they are over weight, I question their diet and overall fitness.

Time will tell I guess which way they go.

17. krustykraz

krustykraz Scott Conley

I really like Dan and rate him, im glad he plays for us. But im not sure where you get your stats from? 150m a game? He averages 104m per game this year.

danknights likes this.
  18. Ethan

Ethan Timana Tahu

I wouldn't swap Dan for anyone as I think in a year or two he will be a giant of the game he just needs to be a bit more consistant ..The other week he went out to hurt every player that he tackled , he was smashing them but then the following week he just tackles ok again ,
    I would love to see that guy that wants to hurt the opposition there every week .
    Jacob is a bit bigger problem he is not nearly consistant enough but imo at his best he is atleast as good as Dan just not often enough . Jacobs best game and worst game are just too far apart at the moment ...We have to remember though they are both still fairly young and have time to improve ...

19. danknights

danknights Timana Tahu

It's funny because Jacob was the one everybody was talking about coming through. He was a big more agile and could move a little better and to be honest I would love them playing at 2nd row weight just for longevity and fitness to be able to stay out there for a bit longer. They seem overweight and under run. Gentle giants but we need them to find some mongrel and choose the right time to unleash it.

20. nunnsy

nunnsy Darren Meredith

I still think that Jacob has had the best game out of the two can't remember who it was against but he ran for close to 200m and was skittling opposition players . So we know he can do it. And in the world cup he was the only fijian forward to make a dent in the Australian pack before he was injured.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018