Front Rowers Please!

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by krustykraz, Jun 16, 2018.

1. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

By memory klemmer signed a 4yr deal worth 2.5mil so 625k a year.... throw 800k at him now and a 5yr deal.
    4 mill banked and 5yrs of employment is a good incentive imo.
    Im sure 100k of bonus/tpa would come along pretty quickly also

Lefty likes this.
  2. krustykraz

krustykraz Sam Stewart

Pearce, Ponga, Watson & Levi playing behind Klemmer, Ese, Glasby & the Safs would look sexy.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  3. 88Knight4life

Sexy? Rightttttt.

4. krustykraz

krustykraz Sam Stewart

5. cowboyman

cowboyman Mark Hughes

Hospitality
    I played with Sam and know him quite well.

He didn’t follow Brennan he was head hunted by Gould and went to Penrith on the second occasion he was off contract. Bennett convinced him to stick around for an extra year so he agreed to stay for 1 year but Bennett never gave him a look in. Gould came calling again so he took up the offer.

Has made Q-Cup residents side for the last 3 years I believe after making the NSW Cup side a couple years in a row before that.

6. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Todd Bates

Klemmer won't leave Dogs, club/fans wouldn't allow it, great to get him but realistically won't happen, he has become Canterbury in much the same way Mortimer and Lamb are, the same as A Johns at Newcastle, it's a media gee up

7. Ethan

Ethan Sean Rudder

Throw the cheque book at Klemmer would love to have him here..If what Mason says is true that some players at the Cowboys have said that Green has lost the whole playing group up there , then if he doesn't go there could be a few good players wanting out from there soon ...

8. Wobbles

Wobbles Arnold Krewanty

Yes to Klemmer, let him name his price.
    Yes to Tapau if Manly will release him

Cowboys: (no consideration given to contract situations or desire to leave, just cherry-picking their roster)

Asiata - for the right price. Definitely a handy albeit smallish prop with a great set of hands
    Fensom - would be a handy edge player, was in great form prior to smashing his leg in the GF.
    Hess - yep yep yep
    Feldt - Could do worse in the outside backs, more than useful goalkicker
    Jenson - another handy depth player

9. cowboyman

cowboyman Mark Hughes

Hospitality
    There is hardly one person left at the Cowboys that Mason would know from his time there. He would have no idea what’s going on inside the joint.

10. cowboyman

cowboyman Mark Hughes

Hospitality
    Feldt would instantly be your best outside back. He has been amazing this year in a team not worth feeding.

Jensen would be a walk up starter in your pack as well. He will play origin in two years time.

Hess has been dog sh*t all year. Guess there is always that period for a young forward learning to play the 80 minutes but by god he has been poo all year.

11. danknights

danknights Sean Rudder

What about Will Budgen in q cup. Seems to be making plenty of post contact metres. Also I notice Bryce Donovan is playing in the halves for Redcliffe. Always though he was a fullback? @Billy thoughts on that?

12. ASJ82

ASJ82 Todd Bates

Mech Fitter
    We can’t even get Tim grant what hope do we have?!

13. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Bryce works his bum off to improve himself. I'm surprized he is playing in the halves but if hard work is what is needed, he'll do it.

14. knightime

knightime David Boyd

Can’t remember where I read it, but I remember an article saying that Grant was interested in coming here but the Club was not keen, or hadn’t made contact with his management. Personally, I think Grant would be decent for depth but I like Mooney/Brown’s boldness to roll the dice and see if we can pick up some real quality.

15. danknights

danknights Sean Rudder

I really liked him as a player. In the Kurt gidley mould of working hard. Pretty damn evident in his time here. Shame he never got offered anything.

16. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    To be fair, I doubt the would have wanted him after the June 30 deadline anyway. We need long-term prop options, not ones that are nearing retirement.

krustykraz and ASJ82 like this.
  17. 88Knight4life

Wish we went after Vete last year, young hard running prop would of been great for us..
    But again mostbon here said no thanks yet the Storm thought he was good enough to sign.

18. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Difference is Storm have a system that turns plodders into decent contributors.

19. BargeArse

BargeArse Gary Wurth

Would take Feldt on the wing over Sio without question.

I think Jensen is underrated. He’d have a definite place in the 17 here. Much more than just “depth”. Him, Ese’ese and a healthy Daniel Saifiti would be 3 guaranteed props.

Someone previously mentioned Fensom as an edge player. That guy just plays in the middle and tackles. Offers no attack whatsoever.

20. 88Knight4life

What do you want then slots? Honestly?
    Everything mentioned isnt it....
    Coach is chit.
    Players are chit.
    Our young players are chit.
    Other players are chit.

Maybe u need a few months off footy mate?