Front Rowers Please!

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by krustykraz, Jun 16, 2018.

1. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

In the nrl player poll Napa was runaway winner for the hardest hitter in the nrl.

For the right price he could be our lunatic

2. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I heard not to long ago that the gps data showed Wade Graham as the hardest hitter in the game... maybe that was pound for pound :shrug:

Found this, but will look for the article i seen not to long ago.

https://rugbyleagueopinions.com/biggest-hitters-defense-hits-rugby-league-nrl-era/

Forget about the obvious visual signs for a minute, because there is actual scientific proof that Wade Graham is among the biggest hitters to ever play the game.

Data obtained by the Daily Telegraph in 2017 showed that when Graham unleashes on an opposing player, he is generating more g-force than a race plane or Formula One car at full tilt. Originally a five-eighth, Graham has developed into one of the best edge forwards in the world and is a brutal tackler who regularly makes over 25 bone-crushing hits a game.

Back in 2017, a massive driving hit from Graham on Broncos forward Alex Glenn even drew Phil Gould – no stranger to the art of a big hit – to declare Graham had ‘lined him up from last week’.

Here it is..

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...Vaw1-dzDjdpg3IUJO0efmA3wK&cshid=1535773981651

YOU’VE heard of the G-Train.

Now meet the G-Force.

A study of the g-force data which Wade Graham has generated in tackles this season provides a startling insight into the NSW Origin forward’s heavy hits.

Graham generates more force than a Red Bull race plane or even Daniel Ricciardo’s Formula One car.

The Saturday Telegraph has obtained never-before-seen GPS accelerometery data from the Cronulla Sharks which they use to monitor the level of fatigue, heart rate, speed and g-force their players generate every second of every NRL match.

The data is collated by highly regarded Sharks physical performance manager Andrew Gray, who has previously consulted internationally across multiple codes, including the English Premier League. Graham is known as one of the NRL’s hardest tacklers. It is used for assessment of performance, training and recovery.

An accelerometer embedded within a tracking device, which is attached to the player’s jersey, has delivered incredible numbers when measuring Graham’s power in defence and justifiably, what the Queensland attack will be wary of in next Wednesday’s Origin decider.

On multiple occasions this season, Graham has produced bruising and painful body shots in excess of 12g.

In its simplest form, g-force is best explained as a force acting on a body, as a result of acceleration or gravity.

In round one this year, Graham’s wrapping tackle, which stopped Brisbane forward Alex Glenn on the spot, produced an amazing 12.75g.

Graham’s weight of 98kg, force and acceleration again reached almost 13g in round seven, this time on Penrith’s strapping forward Regan Campbell-Gillard. This shot on Alex Glenn nearly hit 13g’s. That flattening tackle now features regularly in online videos.

Two weeks ago against Manly, Graham shortened Sea Eagles prop Darcy Lussick with the force of 11g.

By comparison, the maximum permitted g-force turn in a Red Bull Air Race plane is 10g.

A Formula One race car maximum permitted g-force under heavy braking is 6.3g.

The Tower of Terror in South Africa holds the records for a roller coaster’s g-force with 6.3g.

Power and technique, at a time when the shoulder charge is outlawed, is critical towards Graham perfecting punishing collisions. Despite a justified reputation for skill and class with the ball in hand, Graham is fast becoming a notable enforcer in defence.

The man himself is quick to point out where his focus lies.

Despite the power-hitting numbers, Graham — who was caught out in Origin II with a missed tackle which led to a crucial Dane Gagai try for Queensland — says his game has never been about being spectacular.

“Defence is an area which, particularly on my edge of the field, you need to get right — or as we all know, it can hurt not just you, but your teammates,’’ Graham said. “I’m constantly working hard to perfect my technique.

“I’ve always focused on the little stuff, you can’t stop working on every part of your game.

“The bigger hits are what the fans seem to enjoy and they may also attract a few ‘’oohs and ahhs’ from the commentators, I get that.

“But nobody is going to remember that hit, if I slip off and the attacker heads down field or scores.

“So it’s all about timing, technique and picking your moments.

“It’s a physical game rugby league, I’ve always loved that side of the game. I like too, that you can still be physical in this game without being a dirty player.

“It’s what that tackle can do for your teammates too.

“It can lift the spirits of your teammates, I know that’s how I feel when one of my teammates make a dominant-style tackle.

“One thing I know, we’ll all need to bring our best on Wednesday night.

“I’ll happily get through the game without a so-called ‘big hit’ if it means we’re holding up the shield.’’

BY G-FORCE

Gravitron ride: 3g

Formula 1 car turning: 6.5g

Red Bull Air Race plane: 10g

Wade Graham tackle: 12.75g

Originally published as Proof Graham is league’s biggest hitter

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Still_Nutty likes this.
  3. slotmachine

Jaybro likes this.
  4. 88Knight4life

5. slotmachine

Yeah the blokes getting hit have no idea

packo likes this.
  6. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    88 for mine Corey Dennis is a bigger hitter. Just ask poor old Fitzy!!!!

packo likes this.
  7. 88Knight4life

Think about it sunshine,

One is a edge player whom only sees half a team each game, the other is a big middle player that strikes fear in most opponents, Napa gets votes out of instinct voting.

I love Napa have been a huge fan since day dot.

I was just showing facts.
    12G hits ffs, thats massive, and does it multiple times a week

8. slotmachine

Yep, you're right and a quarter of the NRL are wrong. Go tell them.

9. krustykraz

krustykraz Scott Conley

The problem is he is already contracted next year for $700k. And for the Roosters to let him go i imagine we would have to pay full freight.
    Imo off his form this year he's not worth 700.
    I would still like him here though we need props, so we may need to overpay to get them.

10. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Darren Albert

If we didn't throw everything we could at TPJ with his tour of the facilities we are kidding ourselves.

If not TPJ then Napa is the next target. Sure, he might spend a few weeks on the sidelines, but his aggro in D is something we lack.

11. Rob

Rob Ben Rogers

Against us Harris was running outta the line like a madman to put hits on Ponga and co. He was also beaten for tries later in the match. Happens to the best of them I guess.

12. cowboyman

cowboyman Steve Simpson

Hospitality
    Napa even a myth with the players? Biggest myth going around. Dominate one game against the Burgess brothers and live off it for the rest of your career.

13. danknights

danknights Timana Tahu

My number 1 target would be tpj to play lock or impact prop. 2nd would be Klemmer. Try get him outta the dogs asap!

Jaybro likes this.
  14. Jaybro

Jaybro Keith Beauchamp

Just said this in another thread, Napa and Glasby to tighten up our defence. TPJ to help Dan and Herm with the metres

15. R_A

R_A Darren Albert

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Any particular reason why the Tigers let BMM go? He seems to be doing pretty good in the ESL. Seems like a guy who could come back to the NRL.

16. cowboyman

cowboyman Steve Simpson

Hospitality
    Because he is lazy and overweight?

Won’t last a half out on the edge in the NRL.

17. danknights

danknights Timana Tahu

@88Knight4life I see Zane Musgrove has got himself into trouble. Maybe a move to newcastle might do him good.

18. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Yeah apparently he was stood down for the year! Odd with him pleading not guilty.

19. 88Knight4life

Not a good thing to hear about Musgrove,
    Although it does sound very miner in the report.

Common assault could be pushing and property damage... whom hasnt punched a wall?
    Ever brought a flat pack from ikea? Dog shakes in the yard when i come home with a flat pack :giggle:

20. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Your doing it wrong mate, start it smashed, have a power drill handy and your sweet. I always lol when they say no powerdrill!