From the UK

COYF

Greg Smith
Hello...!

The Knights have been my 2nd Team ever since a favourite Son of ours, Mal Reilly coached you Guys. I wonder if someone would mind helping me please.

I'm a big fan of Castleford Tigers, and I hear we're being linked with Joe Wardle.

Does anyone know anything?

I hear ourselves, Leeds & Warrington are being linked. I appreciate he may just be a decent player in your team, but to us he'd be a top signing.

I think he'd prefer Cas. Leeds and Warrington aren't really anywhere near us in terms of ability or trophy winning potential, and hoped somebody could shed some light on his situation.

All the best, thanks for the help, and good luck to your club.

Only he is homesick and is to be released at season's end so could well be true.

Last edited:
Ps. Any other rumours of any NRL players coming to the UK anywhere?

Good luck 'magpies'

Thanks. So, IS he being released at the end of this season?

Browny said Wardle has had bouts of homesickness but if he gets released, it will be at the end of this season. So we probably won't know until then if he's staying or going.

Our halfback Trent Hodkinson is an ex-State of Origin Player so if you have any pull with the Castleford Tigers, mention his name to your recruitment guys!

Apparently Hodko has English parents, so can get a UK passport, so outside the quota for any English club that signs him.
Supposed to be replacing Gidley at Warrington according to the rumours.

Back