Fox Sports 2018 roster ratings

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by rhugh89, Dec 19, 2017.

1. nunnsy

nunnsy Trent Hodkinson

I also think top 8 , And if D.Safiti improves or even keeps up his form from the back end of last season i think he is a massive chance of playing for the blues next year.

2. Tasgirl

Tasgirl Tasgirl

Hippie.
    Anything above 16th is an improvement..... I'm hoping for around 9 - 12.

3. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    If Dan keeps up that form for the rest of his career we should all be ecstatic, to be quite frank I reckon his pretty close to his ceiling, at the moment if he can keep up the 150m a match his well worth big money moving forward.

4. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Dan and Jake are nowhere near their peak. They are 21 year olds who only starting playing seriously at 19. Big guys like them often don't even make firstgrade till they are 23, and peak at about 28.
    This year they will be the same age King was when he made firstgrade, and 2 years younger than Yates was, and 3 years younger than Fitz was - and they already have 2 years of firstgrade.

A good comparison would be Dan and Jake against a couple of middle forwards who are seen as up and comers with a big future - Herman Eseese and Mitch Barnett.

Dan and Jake were born in '96 - Herman and Mitch were born in '94.
    Dan and Jake have 41 and 39 firstgrade games - Herman and Mitch have 33 and 31.
    Dan and Jake have been in an NRL system for a few years - Herman and Mitch have both been in the system since they were 15 or so.
    The perception is that Herman and Mitch are up and comers with big improvement in them, but they are older, smaller and have far more coaching under their belts.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    LEVR likes this.
  5. nunnsy

nunnsy Trent Hodkinson

I think we are still going to see improvement out of Dan he is already a really good forward, personally i think he can be one of the best.

6. Thornborough92

Thornborough92 Steve Fulmer

Dan is a long long way down the origin pecking order. Outside of us knights fans i don't think half the serious nrl fans would even know who he is tbh.
    Infront of him to play NSW footy is
    fifita
    woods
    Klemmer
    Maclean
    Boyd
    Paulo
    Vaughn
    jake turbo
    ryan james

if he has another leap this season he could potentially jump in front of boyd and Paulo but there is still a solid 7 blokes who will get the call first

slotmachine likes this.
  7. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

Dan is no where near ready for SOO imo. Yeah he is good but Forwards is one area NSW has solid depth in

slotmachine likes this.
  8. LEVR

LEVR Banned

Fitness is a big part of playing in the middle and for such a young and inexperienced prop Dan has shown that he is naturally very fit. And yet this is an another area he will improve

Of the current Origin reps, both NSW and QLD, there are only a couple I can think of that were performing at Dan's level, at Dan's age

9. LEVR

LEVR Banned

This is absolute garbage. I'm sorry, but Dan could start for the Blues and wouldn't look out of place for 5-10 mins imo. He's a really classy middle forward. Technically smart, and reads the game well. Very good defender too. His hit ups are legit, with after contact metres being one of the highest in the comp

He is already a better prop than Boyd and Paulo imo

I personally wouldn't pick him for origin. But the idea that he is no where near ready just isnt true. Once the knights start winning games and now that Dan will get some help up front his performances will not only improve, but he will get the recognition his performances demand.

His name will be thrown around as a smokey for origin in 2018, and if his form continues he'll probably get the not in 2019

10. Battler

Battler Adrian Brunker

Agreed.

11. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Clint Newton

Good as Dan is I hope it takes another season or two for his SOO start, no need to rush him to possibly ruin him. Give him this coming season and next playing with experienced players, developing and winning a few games then he will be ready.

12. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

Maybe ready wasnt the right word, But he still wont be picked for SOO next yr and be lucky if he is picked 2019.
    I really would love to see him get picked but as i said. NSW has a lot of props that are ahead of him.

13. nunnsy

nunnsy Trent Hodkinson

I would have him over woods aswell, woods is the most overated prop in the game in my opinion, yeah he gets through some meters but thats about it.

Simon Templar likes this.
  14. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    There is no doubt Dan is a player that is one day going to play Origin, but he doesn’t want to be burnt out too quickly and still has others ahead of him at the moment. His numbers were rapidly improving week by week and he was one of the most consistent props in the game this year. There’s plenty of time for him to push his claim but I don’t think it’ll be for another few years yet.

15. LEVR

LEVR Banned

Why the wait tho? If he is good enough then he will be selected. Just as Klemmer was

I don't understand this thinking where there needs to be a mandatory 'few year's before players are actually good enough. They've already been good enough for a few years lol

People do this all the time when making judgments on rep selection for players all over the field

16. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Clint Newton

Big difference between being good enough for selection and being prepared and ready, his background is not that long in the game so unlike some he will need a bit of time, he has been in a side getting belted each week, I would prefer he take a season or two. He will make it and besides at this stage we have 4-5 in front of him doing ok unless serious injuries he may have to wait.

Matty23 likes this.
  17. cowboyman

cowboyman Timana Tahu

Hospitality
    Dan has had 1 decent full season. See if he can back it up first before saying he should be picked next year. Way to put unnecessary pressure on the kid that has already had to lead from the front for the team.

packo likes this.
  18. LEVR

LEVR Banned

Totally agree with this. My point was that he is good enough, not that I want him to be selected next year

19. LEVR

LEVR Banned

You mean 2nd full season, where he backed up and improved on a blockbuster 1st season?

20. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Jake Saifiti only played reasonably short minutes for Fiji, but when on the field he played against some of the best middle forwards in the world and was winning the wrestle most of the time.
    Frankly, the SOO selected would have noticed that and Jake would now be on their radar. If he can play 60 minutes at that level in the future, they will more than interested.
    Jake went to a new level towards the end of last season and in the WC. No one in the WC got the better of him.