Fox Sports 2018 roster ratings

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by rhugh89, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    South's are an excellent chance for the spoon for mine, massive chance we finish a few places above them.

HEY DANE!

2. Lord of the Skraelings

Honestly who beats the cows if they stay fit?

Joey1245 likes this.
  3. krustykraz

krustykraz Dean Carney

if Thurstons shoulder doesn't fall off I can't see anyone beating them. Best forward pack by far as well.

4. Wobbles

Wobbles John Schuster

Geez I hope so.

Bennett looks like he's spent a lot of time on the training paddock standing in as a tackle bag.

5. Left Foot

Left Foot Banned

WB never pays big dollars for front rowers.
    Who was Ese'ese before this year?
    Lodge is a straight replacement for him.
    Ofahengaue seem to has sorted his off field stuff.
    Then you have Haas and D Fifta both unproven but both are future rep players.

6. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

id say a B would be more fair. Our squad has gone from a Wooden spoon roster for 3 yrs into a possible top 8 contender. But to get too an A i still feel we would need a solid center and a middle forward!

7. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Our roster is average until you factor in how much improvement we can expect from the 20 or so guys under the age of 22 or 23.
    It really depends on the twins, Levi, Sione, Ponga, Watson, Stone etc etc all showing good improvement.

8. cowboyman

cowboyman Mark Hughes

Hospitality
    I still think you will find many league supporters thinking the overall squad is sub standard right now. It has a very high potential ceiling but whether the potential is realised is another question.

9. josh2010

Definitely its still an average squad but hopefully the rookies and players like the Saifiti bros step up even more now we have a solid experienced HB

10. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Todd Bates

Funny how we want to sign all but then doubt what we have as expectation is overcome by doubt, be happy with what we have signed, hope and look forward to improvement, we will improve, slowly, and quite a few of we have will fall by the wayside as we attract better/greater players and those younger ones improve, it will take years, at least 2-3, just enjoy the long trip and enjoy the fact you came along for the ride, 2018 12th, 2019 9th, 2020 6th, 2021 ? Who can tell but we can dream.

11. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

2018 to learn to play as a team then 2019 look out

12. LEVR

LEVR Banned

I think everyone will have egg on their face after 80 minutes come round 1

People are talking like we've assembled a team of AFL, NFL and Rugby expats who need to learn how to play

News flash: Kalyn Ponga is already a better footballer than most people in the NRL. And is of an age where a single NRL off season will yield huge improvements in areas of deficiency. And the same can be said for a lot of our other young talent too. That is despite the fact that the vast majority of our 17 are experienced, rep quality professional's

Prediction: we beat Manly rnd 1

13. josh2010

its not about whether we can win rd 1 or not tho. It is whether we can win and perform consistently over the season. That for me will take more then 1 season before the team can gel together and perform consistently every week

packo and Tasgirl like this.
  14. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

We can turn this around very quickly if the squad comes together as well as the coach hopes.
    The results for the last few years have been artificially poor because we have spent somewhere between half and two thirds of our salary cap, and in 2016 Brown wasn't even really trying to win. He put guys he wanted to leave in reserve grade and tried 4 or 5 players every week in new positions just to see how they went.
    I expect it to take half a season for the players to all gel into a cohesive team, but we could do what the reserve grade side did a few years ago.
    Matt Lantry took our reserve grade from wooden spoon to premiers in a year with the injection of a dozen young guys like Yates, Fitzgibbon, Jake Saifiti, Levi, Feeney, Koopu and some older guys like Ross and Newton. Half way through the season we were coming about 3rd last, and we only snuck into the 8 in the second last game, but the guys all hit their straps for the last 4 games and won the title.

I won't say we will do that, because it was a bit of a miracle run, but we do seem to have a very similar situation developing. A squad of young and old guys coming together with a season to get it right.

LEVR likes this.
  15. Lord of the Skraelings

Massive chance, history has shown DCE is rubbish when no decent 5/8th outside him.

16. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    I don't like agreeing with Kenny as one could end up with egg on face, but for mine with the forward strength, halves and backs we have signed a much better season ahead and could well make the eight!

17. LEVR

LEVR Banned

It's easy to avoid having egg on your face if you avoid ever exposing yourself to the risk of bold predictions

18. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Don't think it's that bold with Lillyman, Ese'ese, Guerra, Heighington strengthening the forwards, Pearce and Watson in the halves, Moga, SKD and Ponga in the backs.

19. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

I'm keeping an open mind. No one really knows what's going to happen so I won't buy into the 'it's a process, we will slowly develop as a side over the next 1-3 seasons' thought. For me, it comes down to the success of our recruits. I'm fairly confident the guys we already have here will continue to get better every year, but if our new players go good then we jump up from the bottom to a top 8 threat immediately.

As is human nature, we get excited about every signing & see them with red & blue glasses on, but we must understand that not every player will be a hit, some of the blokes that everyone's loving right now could very well be forum whipping boys in 6 months time. Our immediate success rides on how much the new guys add.

20. Lord of the Skraelings

Every team cops injuries, every team has set backs, aside from Pearce we should have zero rep players during the year so for me with the roster we have anything less than a top 8 finish is a failure.