Fiji wins bid for NSW Cup Team

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Lower Grades' started by Murri Knights, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Murri Knights

Murri Knights Scott Seamer

Fiji has won a bid to enter a NSW Cup team in 2016 lead by petero. Home games in Suva.
    Fiji Nsw Cup Bid Facebook Page

2. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Awesome news!

3. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

4. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    He might even get a run.

5. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

This is a great result.

6. Afro Zac

Afro Zac Steve Simpson

OHH MY F****** GOD!!@@!@!&$£×¥!&',"¥÷,@*$£$*÷*

No........................... ****ing way..........

7. rhugh89

:lol:

8. rhugh89

Fiji Side set to play in the 2016 NSW Cup

July 17, 2014

IT’S a landmark day for Pacific Island rugby league with news a Fiji side will feature in the NSW Cup in 2016.

In a Bid led by Petero Civoniceva and Greg Browne, the Fiji NSWRL have received endorsements from the NSWRL board to enter the competition and play out of the National Stadium in Suva.

“Our aim is to provide an affordable and exciting atmosphere for all fans and professional opportunities for our local playing squad, who will train full-time in our training base in Suva,” a statement from the official Bid team said.

“Our Home Ground will be the National Stadium- ANZ Stadium, Suva.

“Our vision is to be the most popular club in the New South Wales Cup to supporters in Fiji and in Sydney.

“Financial viability will be assured through building strong partnerships through our Government and Corporate partnerships.

"The franchise will provide pathway and development programs from juniors through to seniors and will showcase the tremendous Fijian playing talent.

“This will also provide great exposure for Fijian companies throughout the Australia- Pacific region and promote Fijian Sports Tourism”.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/fiji-nsw-cup-bid/

9. jamesgould

jamesgould Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

One of the very best pieces of news I've heard in my years of following rugby league. :D :D :D

The sport has been doing really well in Fiji, but this should send it to another level!!!

10. brentus777

brentus777 David Mullane

This with the png in qld cup are fantastic news for the game, hopefully in the future tonga and Samoa can go down the same path

11. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

It makes for such growth, just 1 great benefit is that at the next World Cup PNG & Fiji will have full teams of atleast QLD/NSW Cup standard players seasoned by a few years. Then there's the guys who make it to the NRL who will be born & bred, passionate for their country & want to play for them.

12. rhugh89

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-to-nrl-bid-20140718-zucqz.html#ixzz37muasr1Z

13. Afro Zac

Afro Zac Steve Simpson

This team could bring a lot of hope and happiness to my home town of Suva. That what's exciting me more then being able to see Fiji play. This could be a much needed stepping stone and that little extra motivation that young kids and teens in the area, not to mention the whole of Fiji, need to accomplish their dream, achieve great things, wear their hearts on their sleeve and make both Fiji and all their family proud. Health over their isn't the best either, so again, this is another great step in the direction to improve all Fijians health.

14. dexter

dexter David Boyd

wats the stadium like afro zac so good for the game

15. Murri Knights

Murri Knights Scott Seamer

Haha if you havnt been to a footy game in Fiji your in for a big shock, I seen a Fiji rugby under 18s game in Suva back in 2009 there was reggae music playing the whole game and a hilarious ground announcer making everyone laugh, was such a good experience

16. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Here's some footage of a game at ANZ stadium Suva - good ground and big crowd watching guys trial for a WC spot for Fiji.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMi5hc0x2mg

17. Afro Zac

Afro Zac Steve Simpson

Its sort of like Leichhardt Oval, if you've ever been, although take away the Keith Barnes stand and put a steep man made grass hill all around it. Best part of the stadiums is that behind the hills are food markets all along, selling stuff like pineapple juice, pineapples and other fruit and my favourite roti and curry for only $2, although the people running the their markets are always happy and keen to give tourist and first timers a free one, sort of saying "welcome".

Although if that's not your forte, there is more markets alone the street outside, as well as a supermarket and McDonalds.

18. jamesgould

jamesgould Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

I really wanna visit Fiji sometime soon ... some of the nicest and funniest people I've met in my life have been from there.

19. Defender1

Defender1 Matthew Johns

You won't be disappointed James :)

20. Afro Zac

Afro Zac Steve Simpson

Just depends on what you want to see my friend, paradise or a real 3rd world country?

Although the scenery may change, the people of course don't.