Dominant Tackle

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Primal, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Primal

Primal Greg Smith

We all know that unfortunately the best wrestling teams are dominating league. Bennett has often publicly said we should remove it. Impossible. Change or perish!

After watching Manly man handle us yesterday, I'm left scratching my head as to how we plan on bringing silverware to the club when our middle third has no dominance. Adding Scott and Smith gives extra starch to our fringes, but with the exception of Mason, our middle really doesn't belong in the top 8, let alone winning a comp.

Can anyone tell me if we have some decent props either coming through the ranks or that we are purchasing? Snowden is overpaid, he's been the same for us as Poore has been for the Eels...

2. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Smith plays in the middle.

Rochow seems to be coming along nicely.

3. Primal

Primal Greg Smith

I'd say that Smith plays in the middle because they have Gallen, Graham, Tupou, Bukuya etc all playing back row. Jeremy Smith and Beau Scott will add plenty of starch to the area that they patrol (more than likely the fringes), but until we can get more physical in the middle, the good teams will keep towelling us up. When Buehrer came on yesterday he was lightning out of dummy half it killed us, all because we were physically incapable of slowing down the ruck. And as good as Bedsy is, and has been one of our best for the last decade, his ability to spark us out of dummy half is also an issue. I think Gidley should play 9 next year.