Official: Knights sign David Klemmer for 5 years

They've signed Kane Elgey as well.
Looks like cogger would have had more of a chance of playing first grade here next year. Dogs have Foran, Elgey, Marshal-King, Frawley, Lewis & Cogger for next year.

That might mean the Titans are going to sign Robberts now?

Looks like cogger would have had more of a chance of playing first grade here next year. Dogs have Foran, Elgey, Marshal-King, Frawley, Lewis & Cogger for next year.

That might mean the Titans are going to sign Robberts now?
Elgey was on $600k a year (apparently).... Dog's were probably just stupid enough to match that (with some sort of back ended contract of course).

I thought it was already mentioned they are paying 150k of Woods salary and about 250k for Mbye, adds up over the years I guess.

I thought it was already mentioned they are paying 150k of Woods salary and about 250k for Mbye, adds up over the years I guess.
Mybye might be correct. But im pretty sure they are paying a bigger chunk of Woods. Sharks only wanted to pay 450k of Woods salary

Tooheys take

“The problem for the Dogs appears to be how much they are paying him.

If the rumours are right, Klemmer is making noises behind the scenes about the possibility of leaving because he believes he is being vastly underpaid on market value.

If it is true, the Dogs will either have to up-grade him, which will put even further pressure on their cap, or run the risk of having a very disgruntled frontrower on their hands playing in a struggling side.

The Knights are now sitting back waiting to see how it plays out.

They have been discretely told through a third party Klemmer would not be against bringing his young family to Newcastle, which initially the club thought would be an issue.

We also understand he has a sister who lives at Medowie.”

The chance is only that Klemmer makes waves, chucks an epic tanty and demands a release.

I can't really see that happening, I doubt he wants to leave the dogs and they will probably work something out with a touch up back ended extension or something.

The Knights have planted the seed, and it's up to Klemmer if he is really unhappy or not.

Like every player it’s all about money. If Canterbury can potentially solve their salary cap issues by releasing Klemmer they’ll have to consider it.

Loyal or not if he can earn significantly more here than at the Dogs we’re a great chance of getting him.

Klemmer and friends are probably just using us to get the Dogs to give him a decent pay rise, but if we are even a 1% chance of getting him, we should throw the bank at him.

Klemmer and friends are probably just using us to get the Dogs to give him a decent pay rise, but if we are even a 1% chance of getting him, we should throw the bank at him.
Only problem for them is they can't actually offer him a pay rise

If Woods got moved on half way through a season then anything can happen with Klemmer, contracts mean nothing and it seems to be messy at the doggies. Just have to sit back and wait feels nice its not our club for once.
I think Klemmer would be better suited for Newcastle, you don't build teams around 1 star front rower like the dogs are saying, poor blokes body will be wreaked by the time he is 30, plus under payed when he plays.

Hill said that stuff to appease the fans. So of course he is going to say Klemmer is going no where and telling other clubs not to bother.

Only the Bulldogs guys know how bad their cap situation truly is and how much more took they would need to clear up to make a competitive roster. They are still going to be in a tight squeeze until at least 2020 and maybe 2021 so anyone on a 3-4 year deal that can be offloaded whether they like it or not is going to be a benefit.

Klemmers team leaking out that he would not be opposed to moving to Newcastle is probably a hint to the bulldogs from him that he knows he can be doing better for himself.

So it’ll still be something worth following in the mean time

Seemed as good a place to post it.

Question:
upload_2018-7-23_13-20-2.png

Answer: Yes, Dessie, your poor decisions ruined the Dogs

From the Knights Website

But speaking to Channel Nine's Sunday Footy Show, Brown shut down speculation that the Knights could soon land Klemmer's signature.

"It's a million miles away, that one," Brown declared.

"The truth to it was, I actually asked Opes (Chris Anderson) and Lyn (Anderson) about two weeks ago and Opes laughed at me.

Andrew Johns followed up by asking about a potential release to which Brown replied; "I wouldn't have thought they won't let Klemmer go."

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au...-on-klemmer-and-recruiting-forwards-for-2019/

Was chatting to a mate who’s a Bulldogs fan who said this:

“Klemmer was apparently furious with the reports and wanted to track down the reporter to give them a piece of his mind!! I won a dinner with Tolman and Tualau last week and they said it's all nonsense. Apparently the Tele sell an extra 30 000 copies if the Bulldogs are on the back page so most of this stuff is clickbait. Klemmer will never leave - grew up a mad Dog's fan.”

Have to laugh cause the Tele would do that. Similar with matty johns talking about Foran and the knights on his show

From the Knights Website

Andrew Johns followed up by asking about a potential release to which Brown replied; "I wouldn't have thought they won't let Klemmer go".

Brown speaking like Yoda again.
The way he said that it means he thinks they will let Klemmer go.
But i dont think thats what he meant lol.

From the Knights Website

Andrew Johns followed up by asking about a potential release to which Brown replied; "I wouldn't have thought they won't let Klemmer go".

Brown speaking like Yoda again.
The way he said that it means he thinks they will let Klemmer go.
But i dont think thats what he meant lol.

I noticed that also, double negative thing.

Maybe thats exactly what he meant. Given their sitch that he would have thought, dogs would let Klemmer go.

Give them time I say, they are facing years of heartache if they don't do a Knights like rebuild. Problem for us was, we didn't have any genuine rep players playing for us at the time.

Back