Danny Levi requests a release

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by rhugh89, May 12, 2018.

1. Rob

Rob Ben Rogers

Not as though our defence is any better with either player. Levi would be my pick.

2. danknights

danknights Timana Tahu

Have both. Griffin as the utility...........

3. Joey1245

Joey1245 Dairi Kovae

I agree with you but you can become undinable and force your way back and to be honest it looks like Levi is back on the bench and I think the balance of the team is better with him in it if a back rower gets injured then griff can go to lock Guerra to edge Levi to hooker better balance then having bruhrer playing a make shift dummy half who can’t pass

Frank McWilliams likes this.
  4. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Levi's gripe was that he wasn't given a crack at holding down a spot. He thought he'd done enough to get a shot in round 1. He wants to play first grade. Couldn't see a whole lot of that happening. He asked for a release. I don't blame him. At least he manned up and fronted the coach.

5. BargeArse

BargeArse Robbie McCormack

Had no issues with all those previous players leaving the club at the time, but Tariq Sims is having a good year this year. He was soft/disappointing for us, but he’s playing really well at the moment for Dragons.

With Wade Graham injured, he could push for an Origin jumper. Cordner and Frizell are locks to be picked, but who’s that 3rd edge back rower? In my mind, his only competition is Crichton.

6. Tubby

Tubby Graeme Foster

Brown tried to resign Tariq and Rochow so there attitudes couldn't have been the bad. Uate and Stockwell were both on the nose as soon as he came due to their pay cheques rather than their attitudes. Korbin is just not a first-grader full stop

Beaumont likes this.
  7. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    As good as Danny is he is only ever going to be the backup option due to his ongoing back problems and lack of physique.

8. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Levi is one of our best 17 players.
    He is probably one of our best 5 players in fact.
    It isn't hard to work out a game plan to use both Levi and Griffin, and I think we'd be a better side if both those guys were used to their full capacity.
    The big loser would be Buhrer, who doesn't have a role if both those guys play.
    So the real question is, who adds more, Levi or Buhrer?, and it has to be Levi.

9. Nickwpearce

Nickwpearce Banned

Levi should be coming on at the 25th minute mark for a few reasons...

1. His back
    2. Slade has good d in the middle for us with bigger forwards
    3. His speed can get the slower forwards later in the game

I still think he could start he is good enough, sometime his pass selections can be the wrong way but that will improve.

I Also think he should still be picked for the kiwis on the bench to give luke a rest.

Jamie has to miss out, he doesnt offer enough (good kick yes i know) in attack.

Our D sucks, we need our best attacking players on the field!

Has every right to ask for a release!

10. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Levi's pass selections are what makes him better than Griffin.

Griffin is perfectly predictable. I always know what he is going to do, and so does everyone else.

Levi is always looking for an unexpected move and comes up with cut out passes or whatever to keep the defence on their toes.

11. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Against the Panthers he kept on going to Lamb in the attacking 20 with Ponga screaming for the ball on the other side. His return to first grade will be over quickly if he thinks that's a good idea.

12. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Slade/Buhrer first 25 minutes, then too the backrow to spell someone than Levi for the rest of the match. Winning all day.

13. Joey1245

Joey1245 Dairi Kovae

Bruher can’t pass properly out of dummy half it is very inconsistent

14. Lord of the Skraelings

In all seriousness, slade pausing looking either side, than his sluggish pass is just as bad, I swear its gotta be a pisstake but he tries his guts out in defence.

15. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Clint Newton

If you could combine Griff and Levi you would have a perfect hooker, hopefully they are learning from each other so until we get one doing it all we need to use them as best we can

16. Jaybro

Jaybro Keith Beauchamp

If we go to 6 interchanges the role of the 'bench dummy half' will die, every side will need to have a 80 minute hooker allowing them to rotate their middle men. Levi will have to become a 80 minute player if he wants to play first grade

I also think the Lock position will evolve again to a smaller body type who can play 80 minutes.

17. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Yeah there will be room for Dallas Johnson tackle-bots again

Jaybro likes this.
  18. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Clint Newton

As far as I know nothing official about reduced interchange for next season or later, bit of talk, think they would have to give more than 12 months warning for coaches to adjust and teams to be streamlined for it. Teams could otherwise complain of spending large amounts on big forward who might be redundant by smaller interchange

19. Grug

Grug Matt Hilder

Griffins pause before passing from dummy half irks me no end. Gives away half a second every play the ball. Besides that, use Levi as a strike hooker 10-15 mins each side of half time and drop griffin back to lock for his defence. He is a good defender who plays equal or above his weight. Keeps the attack going (or injection of attack) whilst saving a defensive interchange. Just a thought.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  20. Lord of the Skraelings

Apparently someone from the rules committee has laughed off 6 interchange. Hopefully once Jonno retires this laughable idea is panned permanently.