CvC: City v Country Origin - Mudgee

Mitchell Allgood comes in to the City squad in replacement of Galloway who's been withdrawn due to injury. Allgood was picked over Cuthbertson.

With Allgood & Cuthbo coming into contention for City, it just goes to show how little depth they have.

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

Here's some pics of our boys at the Country photo shoot:

Country+Origin+Team+Photo+Training+Session+aeiValDjLcTl.jpg

Country+Origin+Team+Photo+Training+Session+60FIpxBYidvl.jpg

Country+Origin+Team+Photo+Training+Session+1hKNu7gWpDwl.jpg

Country+Origin+Team+Photo+Training+Session+B1ZlOcbXlyJl.jpg

Country+Origin+Team+Photo+Training+Session+vdEOxVRBYZzl.jpg

Country+Origin+Team+Photo+Training+Session+5ro66alAZTXl.jpg

Country+Origin+Team+Photo+Training+Session+clm5Fk6Uatal.jpg

Country+Origin+Team+Photo+Training+Session+cFIMOWTz3wsl.jpg

Country+Origin+Team+Photo+Training+Session+XsCRUfbStE7l.jpg

Country+Origin+Team+Photo+Training+Session+f_x8mPxWRpxl.jpg

Country+Origin+Team+Photo+Training+Session+dWXYu_nv1vjl.jpg

Country+Origin+Team+Photo+Training+Session+GSwL_X8Z2sCl.jpg

Last edited:
Quick update, Jason King out with Bryce Gibbs moving from 18th man to starting prop, Allgood stays on the bench & Wade Graham is now 18th man instead of 19th.

Pritty horrible game tbh, Tariq Sims, Ryan Hinchcliff and Aaron Woods all went well. Carney and Pearce were the best of the halves in my opinion..Hayne looked out of position.

Ah Mullen was a little quiet...the 7 on the back didn't help him.

I assume Carney is far and away the only contender for no.6 barring Soward going nutter in the next few weeks. Pearce had a pretty good game so wouldn't mind seeing him in sky blue.

Ferguson really could have taken that other wing spot had he kept a clean game...he had some great moments but he looked as if he hadn't shown much experience.

Feleti wasn't given a chance to impress but he looked okay.

How long is Brett Stewart out for? Hayne obviously shouldn't be near the halves jerseys, but he's probably the favorite for the left wing spot. If Stewart isn't back I reckon Hayne's just ahead of Morris.

McManus was his usual great. Made many meters infield and had that run down the left (probably could have pretended to step at least!) but I don't see him in the other Origin wing spot if Stewart is back. He might be a dark horse otherwise.

wasn't a good game at all, the lack of time together was shown. City had some good set plays, country used carney 70% of the time, was like he was the 7...

Now we don't have to worry about Mullen playing Origin, he was poor.
Hinchcliffe was great deserves a bench spot for NSW.

Carney was obviously the dominant half, Mullen seems to play better in that position at the Knights and this game clearly showed that his position is at 5/8th. But I'd be happy with a halves pairing with some experience, being Pearce and Carney, even though I wasn't that impressed with Pearce.

Pearce was nearly the best player out there.

He carves the CvC fixture every season, but he never backs it up in Origin football.

Back