Corey Oates

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by josh2010, Jul 30, 2018.

1. R_A

R_A Darren Albert

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Buzz is full of it again, I'm so glad I don't watch crap like controversy corner. Oates will NOT be a Knight.

2. Joel

Joel Touche...

Thanks for the scoop.

Brown would hopefully be wanting him to play centre. SKD/Lee should be our wingers 'at the minute'.

3. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

If Oates decided to come here and said he will play wing , he would walk straight in I would think probably over Lee as SKD has performed very well . He had a couple of clangers through the season but came good in the back half I thought …
    I would,nt mind him playing centre either , imo he would go well there and as everyone knows I like big centre's although Ramiens not big but I cant wait until he gets here .

4. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Is that where we are at right now.

5. Wobbles

Wobbles Brad Godden

Oates desire to play in the forwards is understandable, look how well Lewis transitioned to it later in his career.

But, in his current form, Oates is a great winger. He has a good leap, strength and pace to burn. Down the track he'll lose some speed and would probably be a decent forward.

He would be a really good signing if not just for his versatility. If he could be convinced to fill a wing/centre role with an eventual move to the back row I'd love to see him here.

6. Levil Kinevil

Levil Kinevil Slappin the bass mon

baker
    He has the ability to break to be a game breaker and we desperately need players like that imo. Ramien and Ponga obviously good starts but we need more

7. krustykraz

krustykraz Nathan Barnes

Wingers are worth a lot to a team in todays game.
    We could really benefit from his runs off our line and his try finishing ability.

8. Jaybro

Jaybro Brett Grogan

Oates wants to be a back rower and he’s looking for someone to give him that chance, Brown might just be that man.

IMO not worth big money as a forward, if he wants a shot at back row he can come on a ‘fair wage’ and prove he’s a back rower. I’d hate us to pay him top dollar to play back row

9. R_A

R_A Darren Albert

It was debunked already on the previous page, but because a journalist says it's possibly true then it we have to talk about something that is not going to happen again.

Knights officials have slammed media reports north of the border that claim Newcastle is one of a number of clubs in negotiations with Oates and have “requested a face-to-face meeting”.

But Knights coach Nathan Brown revealed Oates is not even on the club’s radar.

“It’s not true – we haven’t even spoken to Corey Oates and won’t be,” he said.

“From all reports, he wants to play in the backrow next season which is why he is currently looking at his options. We don’t have any spots available.

“It’s just another example of us being thrown in the mix for any off-contract players simply because everyone knows we are in a good position financially.”

It's Wallace 2.0. Actually maybe Foran 2.0, never going to happen but because someone mentions it they think it'll happen. And Buzz is a clown as always.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  10. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

There ya go, not looking for more edge forwards.

11. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Wallace actually met with the Knights, we didn't want to match his money.

12. mullenmagic

mullenmagic Matt Jobson

Foran met with Brown too. Don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment but bad examples.

13. R_A

R_A Darren Albert

Was more referring to this years version when Matty Johns bought it up. A nothing story just like Buzz's version on controversy corner (which I am surprised people watch). Even though it was debunked a week earlier.
    I fully understand and acknowledge that Brown was interested last year but like with Bird we have moved on from both of them.

The impression was and there were multiple rumours that confirmed it that Wallace was never leaving the Titans, and we were used as a bargaining chip. It was even discussed in the thread with some people here being pissed about it.

14. Jdawg

Jdawg David Boyd

I don’t understand the fascination with Barnett. 2017 he played well and looked like he may come on as a player, but this year he was Shyte. Missed so many tackles, terrible hands. For mine he ranked next to king as a player that bewildered me how he continued to be picked.

ASJ82 and kurtsux like this.
  15. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Likie seals Barnett does not have hands jdawg, but flippers!

Four or five dropped balls Saturday alone killed us, and most within ten metres of scoring. Reggies or bench at best.

16. Lord of the Skraelings

In hindsight, best $700k we didn't spend, blokes plod.

17. Lord of the Skraelings

Any reason why we can't just move Sione one more in to the middle and have him play the same role he is now? His defence seems decent and runs a good line, send Barnett back to the bench and you'd assume he'd have less fatigue and less mistakes with less minutes.

Jaybro likes this.
  18. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

The best he has ever played for us was the 5 or 6 games at the back end of 2016 when he got moved to 2nd row and lock.

19. Jaybro

Jaybro Brett Grogan

I’ve brought this up a couple of times and few people agreed with me. I think Lock would suit him especially if we go back to 6 interchanges the role of the lock will again evolve from a bigger front row type to a more light weight old school style player.

20. krustykraz

krustykraz Nathan Barnes

Corey said today on the girl Fox show that he will be playing wing next year and is happy there. When he gets older and slower he want to play back row. Like Luke lewis i guess.

Jaybro likes this.