Confirmed: Wayne Bennett signs 4 year deal with Knights

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by carbonclay, Apr 2, 2011.

1. carbonclay

carbonclay Darren Meredith

Hi every one well I have information that suggest Wayne has all but signed with the Knights . The information that I have is suggesting that Bennett will sign and announce his position early next week. Before you ask I have no links and I will not give out my source .

I have posted this information for your sake , I REALLY DON"T care if you believe it or not so don't have a go at me . I hope that this time you will all have faith as this is about the 4th time I have given you correct information .

Matty23, Sammyyy and Ms.Nobody like this.
  2. pommieknight

pommieknight I am Danny Weidler!!

Carer, creative ....... in that order!
    Well, I'd welcome Bennett's arrival at EAS. Thanks CC.

3. Joel

Joel Touche...

No one knows what Waynes doing but Wayne himself. hmmmm.
    From what I know your in journalism or something, so you know what your talking about. But I just can't get excited anymore, this has dragged on for sooo long and the spaculation of him coming and going is draining tbh. Hope he can just make up his mind, sooner or later and do whats best for him and his family.

pommieknight likes this.
  4. carbonclay

I totally understand sometimes these thing just go on to long and you get sick of all the rumours , but the source that gave me the info has never let me down before he has a 100% correct information record with me . :)

5. brentus777

brentus777 David Mullane

always seem to be very close to the truth cc so thanks, and great news!!

6. Nickwpearce

Nickwpearce Adam Woolnough

to be honest i hope he does come and a bit of me hopes he doesnt... i dont want us to playing boring football like the dragons but i do want to win another comp soon.. I'm happy with stone and what he is doing so far

7. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

I won't believe anything until Wayne announces it. Your source sounds promising though Carbonclay, i have to say. Lets hope it can all be done in the next few days & we can all laugh at those stupid Sydney papers that apparently "knew" somehow he was going to Brisbane.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

He had a very exciting football team in the '90s & early '00s with the Broncos. I don't think he'll change our flair to the Dragons-style of football. We are a flairy football team & Wayne will just use that to his advantage while improving our defence at the same time.

8. James Bluntus

James Bluntus Russell Wyer

Student
    God I hope you're right CC. It would be a dream come true if Bennett signed with us.

9. Lynchyknight

Lynchyknight Todd Bates

Townsville - Wish I lived in Newcastle though
    Really hope your right

10. BIG DOG

BIG DOG Whats Prime Possum?

Community work
    Bennett is doing/done one of his motivational speech nights in town somewhere tonight Im pretty sure ...

11. Sam

Sam Brett Shore

God i hope your source is correct that would be awesome!!

12. R_A

R_A Todd Bates

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Thanks for sharing, you seemed spot on that no one knew where Bennett was going earlier this week despite strong linkings to Brisbane so lets hope its right that hes signed with the Knights too! :D

Actually if he signs it makes sense because he is in Newy anyway. The game is on Sunday so he stays for a day or two (which could classify as early next week) and itd be done there and then. I guess playing the Dragons and the Tinkler takeover this week fell into place well! (Then again when reports say they actually put pen to paper, I dont know if its done via mail or whether they come in to sign a deal into HQ here or something), I figure the latter

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  13. Pieguyfly

Pieguyfly Sean Rudder

Carbonclay my opinion has changed of you. It doesn't mean I believe you blindly, but I do see that your word does have a bit of credibility. If this becomes true, I will follow you into the gates of hell.

14. Fungus

Fungus Steve Simpson

So glad to hear. I'm putting a fair bit of trust in you.

15. carbonclay

hahaha thanks pieguyfly . It is good that you don't fully trust me ( I'am a journo ) but all the things I post on here are things that I have or 90% have confirmed in the media room , so I will get things wrong but not many things .

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

I have kind of found a link from channel 9 . It says he is leaning towards the Knights , I have mail saying the deal is all but done .
    http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/video.aspx?videoid=7d383bd4-0937-4c8c-99e0-20384674f952

16. Lynchyknight

Lynchyknight Todd Bates

Townsville - Wish I lived in Newcastle though
    Your getting me exicted Carbon hahahaha. Really hoping this is all true

17. fj182

fj182 Paul Rauhihi

CC are you only a sports journalist?? i mean do you do any entertainment, news or currnet affairs??
    sorry if i sound like a ****head lol just wanna know incase you are in entertainment you could give us some scoops in the world of celebs aswell

18. carbonclay

I know nothing about celeb's . I'm a Jurno for a radio network , I don't have any contacts outside of the sports Industry so sorry I can not help you there :confused: and I don't think you sound like a d-head

19. Aidos

Aidos Paul the Chief Harragon

Get this right and you're nothing but a genius.

20. Maddog78

Maddog78 Paul Rauhihi

Danny weidler ran an exclusive on this on nine tonight, look likely but yeh until I see it from WB I am trying to not get too excited!Good work cc u can be our Danny weidler of the marathon forum