Confirmed: Edwards signs with Raiders

I know a lot of supporters want to see plenty of local juniors in the side and there's nothing wrong with that if they can play. Me ? I don't care if we sign Hannibal Lecter if he can help win us a comp.

Could be a good idea ... nobody would want to run at him, that's for sure.

Wayne Bennett and Nathan Tinkler are both aware that we need a side made up largely of locals, both to perform well in the big games and to keep up support from the community.
It's just sad they had to buy back so many players from other sides, and it's sad that the current system actually makes it hard to keep up and coming juniors.

- - - Updated - - -

On the plus side, we've just found the extra money Kev will be wanting to sign up now.

You can't blame the club or the NRL for player greed.

1. Batman
2. Spok
3. Predator
4. Ronald McDonald
5. Captain Jack Sparrow
6. Jesus Christ
7. Sherlock Holmes
8. The Hulk
9. Hannibal Lecter
10. Shrek
11. Darth Vader
12. Gandalf
13. Tony Williams

1. Batman
2. Spok
3. Predator
4. Ronald McDonald
5. Captain Jack Sparrow
6. Jesus Christ
7. Sherlock Holmes
8. The Hulk
9. Hannibal Lecter
10. Shrek
11. Darth Vader
12. Gandalf
13. Tony Williams

Get Sonic the Hedgehog and The Flash on either wings to fly down the sideline and can't see much people beating that side ;)

Spock on the wing?! Put him at fullback, if anyone makes a break, he does the Vulcan shoulder grip thing and they're out for the count!

1. Batman
2. Spok
3. Predator
4. Ronald McDonald
5. Captain Jack Sparrow
6. Jesus Christ
7. Sherlock Holmes
8. The Hulk
9. Hannibal Lecter
10. Shrek
11. Darth Vader
12. Gandalf
13. Tony Williams

How do you think Joey will go at 5/8 ? That Holmes bloke must be a good half back push A Johns into the 6 jumper.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I question the selection of R McDonald. With Edwards not signing I can't see the point in replacing 1 red haired clown with another.

Lol

I did consider Spok at 1 but I just couldn't go past Batmans versatility

Joey is injured. Unfortunate because he was keeping JC out of the side.

Ronald is a mixed bag, currently in contract negotiations, we might be able to get the deal done with third party sponsorship. From McDonalds.

They ahd him in ther plans for the next three years, then they didnt cave hey offered him less $... The club did the right thing, he wants more $. I wouldnt offer him another contract if I were the Knights. Wayne has been known to drop players who aren't committed... Shame I wish we kept taia and edwards decided earlier!

I'd drop him if Snowden comes back, give filipo a chance for more 1st grade off the bench if his injury isnt too bad or play someone who will be there next year

He was offered 600k over 3 years last Xmas and rejected it. How much trouble can you be in on 200k a year?

You wouldn't buy a huge house only on 100k.

Theory don't make sense!

They had a moral and cultural obligation to at least make him an offer... Cmon mate, circumstances change, we bought new players, they then withdrew a three year deal and cut the figure by 25% in a one year deal. If you think that tells Eddy he's wanted then there is no point in us discussing it

He was offered a 3 year deal at 200,000 a season turned it down. they doubled his contract he said no, so they offered less years and less cash, they can offer what they want... he said no... he needs $ so good luck to him

complete bull**** - sides full of mercenaries rarely win grandfinals. ask Brian Smith how many premierships he has won with mercenaries. In fact - ask him how his red hot favourites went in 2001.

As opposed to teams filled with players looking for the biggest handouts not based on their ability, but simply because they're a 'local'?

Edwards didnt show enough imo to be offered anything more than what I've been hearing. He has shown only minor improvement at most on his previous form, and I, as well as probably many others, probably thought he screwed himself over when he declined last years offer in hopes to secure an increase.

He took a punt on his form becoming spectacular, he lost on that, and he still got a 2 year offer, and knocked it back. Obviously shows that his desire for cash is greater than his desire to play for the Knights.

Last edited:
I love the fact that we're one of the few clubs that can say majority of our team and staff are Hunter locals. In saying that I couldn't care less if we let go of the mediocre ones and sign quality players from outside the area. I know we'll never be the Bulldogs, we have a huge and fantastic crop of juniors still coming through our system and with Tinkler and Bennett on board Im confident we'll continue to lead the way in retaining and playing local players.

The other club that can say they're made up of Hunter locals?

The Panthers!

ZING

Lol, i dont really no what the big fuss is? We most likely wont win the comp this year, we all know Bennets looking to 2013,2014. Edwards will be playing NSW cup next year and most likely the year after that? Edwards....Scott....Edwards....Scott... Answers pretty obvious to me? We offered him a big contract for someone thats going to be playing NSW cup, if he doesnt accept it, good on him and best of luck to him in this career?

Some of you blokes (and girls) on here need a reality check. If you were offered a job for 3 years, had that pulled off the table after you had agreed to it and then had an offer put to you at a minimum a third of what you were offered you would not be over joyed and high five everyone on your way to sign no matter how much you love the company you work for!

How many of you on here would be honest with yourself and everyone on here & say that you wouldn't look to earn another 10-20% elsewhere for the same job regardless of what you think about Eddy's ability. I find it hilarious with some of the carry on I have read on here. Loyalty only stretches so far from both the clubs and the players. What about sticking with the original contract offered from both parties that would have been the loyal decision from both parties.

The Knights are signing a player who has been mediocre at best when he has made it onto the field for the Dragons this year as he has been injured for most of it and are looking like signing another guy who may have 2 years left at best (Smith) and who in reality miss several games a season through injury and suspension.

My has played in several Knights school competitions this year and not once have any players bothered to turn up. I think a Harold Matts kid was there once. It is well known that Joel turns up to Cessnock Junior training and has been going to schools in Cessnock so how many visits has a Neville Costigan for example done this year? So if we keep buying old imports are we really going to win the premiership in the next few years and if we do there won't be any players left by 2015 as they and Wayne will be long gone and what will the legacy of the Wayne Bennett era be then?

I agree that Joel has been down on form this as have the majority of the side, however anyone who knows anything about football knows he has good footwork at the line and his form has picked up the past 6 weeks or so on the back of improved team for and go forward from the likes of Willie.

James I respect that you are entitled to an opinion but I would have thought that you had more backbone than to just bag out someone for looking after their lively hood and family. If that is how loyal you are to our team and players that you bag them at the drop of the hat after an obviously biased article in the paper (Telegraph of all papers!)

Back