Chris Sandow

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Aidos, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Aidos

Aidos Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Rumour that we're really close to getting Sandow on Eels forum so not sure how true it is.

Would you want him?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  2. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

right now i would - not sure about paying the sort of money he has been on for a long time though - he'd have to take fringe player money, not rep player money.

3. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

If he came here it'd be on a nothing contract. We don't have the cap & he is on his last throw of the dice where practically no one will sign him.

4. Defender1

Defender1 Steve Simpson

If Parra heavily subsidise his wage, he may be worth a gamble for the rest of 2015...

5. ryan.berger.56

ryan.berger.56 Todd Bates

Yes defiantly. We need a change and a spark. We have the money but obviously won't be throwing a lot at him

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Nice troll.

7. Aidos

Aidos Moderator Staff Member Moderator

8. Pure_Knight

Pure_Knight Daniel Saifiti

Not sure if I like it, but he's not trolling. It's being suggested on the parra part of that other forum.

9. Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers Banned

At the moment guys we should try do be aware of just how pathetic we are - we could do much worse than Sandow. In reality, we cant do any better than Sandow!

I'd take him in a heart beat

10. Billy

He's a terrible defender.
    Often gives away the most missed tackles in the comp.
    That is something teams need to cover for, and the Knights have never done that.
    We won't carry a poor defender.

11. jamesgould

jamesgould Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

I think I was about the only person who wanted Soward before he went to Penrith, and the only person who wanted Marshall before he went to the Dragons.

But ... I wouldn't be interested in Sandow. He's the sort of player we are probably trying to rid the club of in Leilua.

12. mullenmagic

mullenmagic Matt Jobson

If we get him for the rest of this season with Eels paying most of his contract I can deal with it. We're in real trouble if we sign him to any kind of multi-year deal

13. Junior11

Junior11 Moderator Moderator

I mentioned Sandow as a potential target in the other thread but it didn't get well received. He gets a bad wrap sometimes for being a livewire and his inconsistency but he's always a dangerous half, he's a match winner, he knows how to control a game and flip one on its head. He'd take so much pressure off Mullen with his long kicks, tactical kicks, running the ball.

There's no way I'd consider it on his current contract but his price would surely be halved now, he'd be BY FAR the best halfback at the club, I say why not. 2 years until our young halves are first grade ready. We can do no better sadly.

14. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    We are going nowhere without him, we probably won't with him. But surely he can provide a LITTLE bit more than what we already have in Roberts and an injury prone Mullen.

I'd say no on his current salary but with a pay cut/Eels paying his money why the hell not? We're pretty much zilch on making finals anyway.

15. Swarzey

Swarzey Michael Hagan

God ****ing no.

He's disgustingly overrated, his game plan revolves around a bunch of hero plays that rarely work and they simply put the team much further behind. Him questioning Arthur's tactics and saying they should play his style because they let go of a 24 point lead shows how bad his attitude is; are people forgetting he spent half of last year out of the game for alcohol and gambling? And I'm not going into the fact he's about 350k overpaid and probably wouldn't expect anything less. Cancer of a player. Club can do better by going with Mullen/Tui. I'd keep Roberts in first grade before I go looking to sign garbage like Sandow.

Not every other option is a better option.

16. Billy

As Matt Gidley said in the article in the other thread, manager can smell salary cap space.
    We might have every manager in Sydney trying to flog us guys like Sandow at the moment.

17. Murri Knights

Murri Knights Scott Seamer

Yes 100% yes
    Favourite player in the NRL

18. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Would love to have him here. Freakish player who's capable of anything on his day. He also has a massively underrated kicking game which would be invaluable for us.

19. JOJO82

JOJO82 Andrew Hodge

But we already do that with Roberts, pretty sure he was right up there with missed tackles.

At least Sandow can create something unlike Roberts

20. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    The issue for me is that he isn't a long term fix. I would rather bide our time. We needed Aiden sezer, that's the direction I think we need to go.

We can't build around Sandow, for every great game he will give you 5 bad ones.