Chris Sandow Award

The thing I notice most is we go up, stop then go backwards with the attacking side. Instead of talking keeping the defensive line going up. Either in out or out in. Stick with it. Concrete it as you say.

Beaumont - Pots fell into the defensive role , better known as an attacking coach but that is Brownies domain.

Defense is simple, what ever Policy you adopt needs to be set in concrete, no grey areas cause, wherever there is indecision, thats where breakdowns occur.

It destabilises confidence to the defensive unit as a whole and undermines the trust in those around you as they are always trying to second guess what is about to happen.

Whether they adopt a "man on man", "slide inside out" , or "DWinger takes ACentre and DCentre belts AWinger over the sideline" or "Centre hits inside and Winger follows" it needs to be regular and if it doesn't work change it up.

One thing is for sure what ever we are doing doesn't work as well as it should.

It's a bit tongue in cheek my comment. For 3 years fans have asked "do we have a defence coach" ? For going on 4 years we've conceded almost 30 a game. All of a sudden Mick Potter's getting lumbered with the responsibility. It doesn't matter whose job it's been I'm more concerned that it tokk Brown 3 years to come up with the thought it's not working.

The thing I notice most is we go up, stop then go backwards with the attacking side. Instead of talking keeping the defensive line going up. Either in out or out in. Stick with it. Concrete it as you say.
danknight , you are right , it is my pet hate too , all these "steppy players" want is for you to plant your feet and they have you, also if you are standing flat footed you have no momentum and you will easily be steam rolled.

It's a bit tongue in cheek my comment. For 3 years fans have asked "do we have a defence coach" ? For going on 4 years we've conceded almost 30 a game. All of a sudden Mick Potter's getting lumbered with the responsibility. It doesn't matter whose job it's been I'm more concerned that it tokk Brown 3 years to come up with the thought it's not working.

Beaumont, I am not pointing the finger at Pots , just it was mentioned in another post that this was his situation and they are looking for a new defensive coach and he was the one being mooted to move aside.

But you are right why has it taken so long for some one to react to what appears obvious Defensive deficiencies.

Back