Official: Chris Heighington signs with the Knights

Old guys like him, Guerra and Lillyman could go either way.
They could find a new lease of life as leaders for our young pack, or they could stink up the place for a year.
One year deals are a good thing. If they go great we can extend - if they don't go great we can kick them to the curb.

If we bought him wouldn't he be playing as a bench/reserve prop not 2nd row?
he still averaged over 100m a game this year and im pretty sure most of it was off the bench.

Not sure about this one good depth but wasn't interested last year, don't want guys here who don't want to be we won't get the best out of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this mean we have run out of options or given up on another prop, he is an ok player past his best, can/could play prop but wouldn't want to start with him, not likely to be a regular top 17 and definitely not a long term future. We have let others go with far more.

Nah still have plenty of cap room. They want 3 to 4 props
An outside back
A utility
And a marquee signing.

He'll probably be what Tupou was supposed to be this year, a guy that drifts in & out of the team but plays 10-15 matches. Guys like this don't bother me as long as we sign them on 1-year deals. Much like Starling, we used his services & before he's barely settled into the town, we decided we have better options for next year so cut him loose with little trouble.

Not sure about this one good depth but wasn't interested last year, don't want guys here who don't want to be we won't get the best out of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't hold it against him too much, look at the contrast of clubs he had, club fresh off a premiership or come to the wooden spooners to play a senior role in a sinking ship that won 1 game last year. It's more offensive when they snub us now as it looks like we're on the rise.

I hope not as each of these signings leave Sione with less options.

This is probably the best thing for Sione. All these new signings will force him to have to play good. If he's constantly being outshone by guys coming in off the bench & Cup, then it will force Browny's hand to make a call on whether Sione's future is in the forwards, backs or reserve grade.

Old guys like him, Guerra and Lillyman could go either way.
They could find a new lease of life as leaders for our young pack, or they could stink up the place for a year.
One year deals are a good thing. If they go great we can extend - if they don't go great we can kick them to the curb.

Billy for a bloke who continuously talks up the GenMe s based only on what you consider their potential in the NRL , you are quick to under sell blokes who have Proven their worth for years Lillyman and Guerra are only 6 months out of State of Oranges , some say it is the toughest League arena in the world. Lillyman will give better than most can dream of and if Guerra gives just 50% of what he showed in the 2017 Final series you will certainly get more leadership and drive than most of your GenMe s will generate in a life time of unfulfilled potential.

Billy for a bloke who continuously talks up the GenMe s based only on what you consider their potential in the NRL , you are quick to under sell blokes who have Proven their worth for years Lillyman and Guerra are only 6 months out of State of Oranges , some say it is the toughest League arena in the world. Lillyman will give better than most can dream of and if Guerra gives just 50% of what he showed in the 2017 Final series you will certainly get more leadership and drive than most of your GenMe s will generate in a life time of unfulfilled potential.
Well over half the guys we import from other clubs sound like champions when we sign them, and end up huge disappointments - and when I say half, i'm being generous, it's probably more like 8 out of 10.
Mooney had a very good strike rate at Cronulla - several of his signings of old blokes like Lewis, Ennis etc turned out to be fantastic signings, and I hope he still has the touch to get it right, but I won't be forgetting guys like Hodko, Ben Cross, etc etc.

I like this signing. Adds another experienced head to the front-row stocks.

He's won two premierships and played in a strong Sharks team for 4 seasons.

I know we missed James Graham but we could have done worse than having Dan, Jacob, Ese'ese and King learn from Lillyman and Heighington.

Well over half the guys we import from other clubs sound like champions when we sign them, and end up huge disappointments - and when I say half, i'm being generous, it's probably more like 8 out of 10.
Mooney had a very good strike rate at Cronulla - several of his signings of old blokes like Lewis, Ennis etc turned out to be fantastic signings, and I hope he still has the touch to get it right, but I won't be forgetting guys like Hodko, Ben Cross, etc etc.
Costigan lol

Back