Cameron Ciraldo

When the opposition miss 26 tackles in the first half and you make 4 line breaks to nil yet go to oranges behind you should be looking at poor execution by the team rather than singling out one player who can't tackle and don't threaten in attack like Ciraldo.

Funny, They have a few avg Games and you never see a thread come up about dropping them. As soon as the likes of Ciraldo or tolar have 1 bad game Up come 10 threads stating they should be dropped. Houston had just as bad a game as Maddog last night. Yet no mention on it at all Every one just blames the usual, maddog, Ciraldo and Tolar

Its because players like Housten have showed why they should be picked in the team and it can easily be put down to a bad game. Guys like Ciraldo have never shown much and most people realise there is better players in line behind them to take their place.

Ciraldo was bad, but he made more metres then Houston, and Fa'aoso and Kaufusi, didn't make any errors, and made 28 tackles 2 missed. He really wasn't worst on field. Everytime he gets the ball he looks like he's going to do something stupid (saw him looking to kick on the 4th last night), atleast he's hanging onto it, unlike the rest of the team last night.

MacDougalls first half I thought was pretty good, his defense all game was strong, his attack just seemed to drop away in the 2nd half, and he was forcing to many offloads that weren't needed.

Uate wasn't that great either, his kick returns were strong as usual, but he's still not contesting kicks and his defense looked abit shaky at times.

Stig made 2 linebreaks in 50 mins, and what else did he do? That's the only time I saw him in the game, apart from when he went flying everytime he tried to tackle a forward up high.

Mullen I thought was alright for coming back from a possible season ending injury. His kicks were good, he made a few decent runs, and a few good passes, but apart from that wasn't seen much.

I said it when the team was named, and I'll say it again, Stig should be starting, should be 6. Mullen 7. Stig, I didn't think Hilder was to bad at hooker, but we did look better when Gidley was there. But overall, we look so much better when Hilder is on the field.

Overall it was a pretty poor game, and I could say something about other players, but they seem to be the main guys people are targetting.

Ciraldo was bad, but he made more metres then Houston, and Fa'aoso and Kaufusi, didn't make any errors, and made 28 tackles 2 missed. He really wasn't worst on field. Everytime he gets the ball he looks like he's going to do something stupid (saw him looking to kick on the 4th last night), atleast he's hanging onto it, unlike the rest of the team last night.

MacDougalls first half I thought was pretty good, his defense all game was strong, his attack just seemed to drop away in the 2nd half, and he was forcing to many offloads that weren't needed.

Uate wasn't that great either, his kick returns were strong as usual, but he's still not contesting kicks and his defense looked abit shaky at times.

Stig made 2 linebreaks in 50 mins, and what else did he do? That's the only time I saw him in the game, apart from when he went flying everytime he tried to tackle a forward up high.

Mullen I thought was alright for coming back from a possible season ending injury. His kicks were good, he made a few decent runs, and a few good passes, but apart from that wasn't seen much.

I said it when the team was named, and I'll say it again, Stig should be starting, should be 6. Mullen 7. Stig, I didn't think Hilder was to bad at hooker, but we did look better when Gidley was there. But overall, we look so much better when Hilder is on the field.

Overall it was a pretty poor game, and I could say something about other players, but they seem to be the main guys people are targetting.

The crucifixion of Ciraldo over this game is over the top!

But i do disagree with your Stig review. He wasn't amazing out there, but he did look dangerous with the ball and created that try out of nothing. His defence was shockers, but he can always sort that out later.

Edwards
Taufua
Uate
McManus
i thought Gids played well too

Agreed. So we going to start threads on everyone else that have to go? Thought this was a supporters forum.
Exactly Seems more like a forum to Bag Knights players out. I mean we are all Knights fans here are we not? How bout showing some support instead of Bagging a player out at every opportunity you can!

Added after 3 minutes:

Its because players like Housten have showed why they should be picked in the team and it can easily be put down to a bad game. Guys like Ciraldo have never shown much and most people realise there is better players in line behind them to take their place.
Even so i don't think Some of the stuff that is said is called for. How do you think they would feel if some of them came on here and seen some of the stuff said about them?

Last edited:
A sensible post that actually analyses the team's performance and doesn't come up with ridiculous hyperbole surrounding the scapegoat player of the week?This can't be happening!!!
Ciraldo was bad, but he made more metres then Houston, and Fa'aoso and Kaufusi, didn't make any errors, and made 28 tackles 2 missed. He really wasn't worst on field. Everytime he gets the ball he looks like he's going to do something stupid (saw him looking to kick on the 4th last night), atleast he's hanging onto it, unlike the rest of the team last night.MacDougalls first half I thought was pretty good, his defense all game was strong, his attack just seemed to drop away in the 2nd half, and he was forcing to many offloads that weren't needed.Uate wasn't that great either, his kick returns were strong as usual, but he's still not contesting kicks and his defense looked abit shaky at times.Stig made 2 linebreaks in 50 mins, and what else did he do? That's the only time I saw him in the game, apart from when he went flying everytime he tried to tackle a forward up high.Mullen I thought was alright for coming back from a possible season ending injury. His kicks were good, he made a few decent runs, and a few good passes, but apart from that wasn't seen much.I said it when the team was named, and I'll say it again, Stig should be starting, should be 6. Mullen 7. Stig, I didn't think Hilder was to bad at hooker, but we did look better when Gidley was there. But overall, we look so much better when Hilder is on the field.Overall it was a pretty poor game, and I could say something about other players, but they seem to be the main guys people are targetting.

If those were his stats, how was he even bad?? Of what i saw of him, i saw him running to the line a couple times, coming in bending with the shoulder trying to get into a position to offload. He didn't do anything wrong. I was in all honesty worrying he was gonna try an offload that wasn't necessary & make an error but in the game last night you could see the effort.

He cops alot of sh*t here. Some of it is deserved. And really coming off injuries he is that, just crap. But i reckon if he got maybe 10 games in a row without injury he'd start showing the goods. Brian Smith didn't buy him coz he saw nothing in him.

I really didnt think Ciraldo was even bad. He didnt exactly set the field on fire but he did his job.
Was he doing his job when he missed the tackle on the cows interchange hooker that ended in a try? It wasn't a hard tackle to make but I knew Ciraldo just couldnt be trusted defensively.Not sure why anybody would as a fan want Ciraldo in the team. He let's the fans down consistently with effortless defense & soft hit ups, not to mention you can count on at least 1 sloppy ruck penalty per game. He just shouldn't be there & for any of you who think he deserves a spot in the side ahead of boys like Tetevano & Filipo you just don't know a thing about footy

Lets have a look at Ciraldo up against the other forwards/2RF for the Knights last night
Ciraldo 40 Minutes
10 runs for 53 Mtrs, 2 missed tackles, 1 Offload, 28 Tackles, 0 Errors, 10 Hit ups, 4 tackle Breaks,

Fa'aoso 40 minutes
6 Runs for 42 mtrs, 3 missed tackles, 1 offload, 20 Tackles, 1 Error, 6 Hit ups, 0 Tackle breaks

Houston 80 minutes
8 Runs for 52 mtrs, 5 missed tackles, 1 offload, 42 Tackles, 3 errors, 8 Hit ups, 2 Tackle breaks,

Kaufusi 40 minutes
7 runs for 43 mtrs, 3 missed tackles, 1 offload, 7 Hit ups, 1 Tackle break, 29 tackles 1 error

Tolar 40 minutes,
11 Runs for 83 mtrs, 2 Missed tackles, 27 Tackles, 0 errors, 11 hit ups, 3 tackle breaks, 0 offloads

Taufua 40 minutes
8 runs for 76 mtrs, 2 Missed tackles, 1 offload, 22 Tackles, 1 error, 8 Hit ups 0 tackle breaks

Edwards 80 minutes,
12 Runs for 94 mtrs, 6 missed tackles, 2 offloads, 33 tackles, 1 error, 12 hit ups, 0 tackle breaks,

NEWS FLASH Ciraldo was not the worst forward/2rf in last nights game. So where does every one get the idea he needs to be dropped?

NEWS FLASH Ciraldo was not the worst forward/2rf in last nights game. So where does every one get the idea he needs to be dropped?

People aren't calling for him to be dropped because of last night's game, people are calling for him to be dropped because he's simply not very good and he has a long resume of being not very good.

People aren't calling for him to be dropped because of last night's game, people are calling for him to be dropped because he's simply not very good and he has a long resume of being not very good.
well he out performed Fa'aoso. besides im sure i have read plenty of Comments stating him and maddog were the worst in the team last night

Thank you! One off stats in alot of ways does not reflect reality. I.e. wheres the stat for: missed soft tackle infront of post which lead to try ? Or the stat: penalty for doing something stupid whilst actually not contributing in any useful way to the team effort.... The guy without fail ticks both those boxes every week

well he out performed Fa'aoso. besides im sure i have read plenty of Comments stating him and maddog were the worst in the team last night
He out performed Fa'aoso?? I know you just read the stats page but did you watch the game? Exactly my point, can't believe you just said that

Those calling for Ciraldo to be in the team I ask what exactly does he bring to the team ? His punishing defence ? No. He wouldn't bruise a grape and most of his tackles on the stats sheet are "flops". His pace and skill attack ? No. Unless he can fight he will never beat a man. Does his mere presence on the field lift those around him ? No. I think it is quite the opposite to be honest. What exactly does Rick Stone see in the bloke's game to keep picking him?

Those calling for Ciraldo to be in the team I ask what exactly does he bring to the team ? His punishing defence ? No. He wouldn't bruise a grape and most of his tackles on the stats sheet are "flops". His pace and skill attack ? No. Unless he can fight he will never beat a man. Does his mere presence on the field lift those around him ? No. I think it is quite the opposite to be honest. What exactly does Rick Stone see in the bloke's game to keep picking him?

I agree and I don't think anyone is trying to say he should be in the team. However, Ciraldo has been discussed heaps of times on this forum about getting dropped, and the reason this thread was made is because we lost last night. If we won, I don't think this thread would even exist right now. Isn't there a 'Knights in Focus' area for a reason?

Thank you! One off stats in alot of ways does not reflect reality. I.e. wheres the stat for: missed soft tackle infront of post which lead to try ? Or the stat: penalty for doing something stupid whilst actually not contributing in any useful way to the team effort.... The guy without fail ticks both those boxes every week
So we drop Stig next week as well?

I agree and I don't think anyone is trying to say he should be in the team. However, Ciraldo has been discussed heaps of times on this forum about getting dropped, and the reason this thread was made is because we lost last night. If we won, I don't think this thread would even exist right now. Isn't there a 'Knights in Focus' area for a reason?
Exactly so while people are blaming Ciraldo and maddog for last nights game Ciraldo was not the worst FRF/2RF in the team. Doesn't matter how much good someone does Some people here only look at the bad.

Back