Bulldogs sign Nick Meaney

True, looking at it from his point of view, wants to be a 1st grade f/b so with Ponga he sees no opportunity here, good luck to him, wish him success

He’ll always have a healthy Ponga in front of him and the only opportunity he’d get would be on the wing which he obviously doesn’t want to play. Good luck to him, might actually make the Dogs look somewhat decent next year if he gets first crack. Gives Naden a chance to be a decent back up.

Even with Ponga getting injured, Watson could cover FB if need be and would be in front of him still. Good luck to him.

Swap nick for the two moz bros! Anyone who thinks they are over the hill didn't just see 1 carve up the dragons middle 5 mins after halftime. They would be worth there $$$ in experience.

i wouldnt say no. If they still need the cap space Tolman would also be a good one to get before June 30.
Would love Klemmer lol.

Last edited:
I'd take Brett Morris and Tolman before June 30 and for next season ( if the price is right )

I have a feeling the Twins might end up at the Sharks, they're losing a few backs and they seem to love collecting ex NSW Origin players

Bulldogs sign Knights fullback Nick Meaney

NRL.com
Thu 28 Jun 2018, 10:22 AM

The Canterbury Bulldogs have signed 20-year-old Newcastle fullback Nick Meaney on a three-year deal, starting in 2019.

Meaney represented the NSW under 20s side last season and was a member of the NSW Residents squad, while being the Knights' under 20s player of the year for the past two seasons.

He is the second young Newcastle player to sign with the Bulldogs for next season, following halfback Jack Cogger.

The Bulldogs released prop Aaron Woods and fullback Moses Mbye this week in order to free up much-needed salary cap space.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/28/bulldogs-sign-knights-fullback-nick-meaney/

Smart decision by Meaney, not getting near the FB jersey here.

Just another player leaving a club to get a shot at first grade with another. Can't keep em all.

Sorry to see him go but good luck to him, understand his situation, can't have signed for much with dogs in cap strife and not likely to get a pay rise anytime soon.

Back