Browny's Gameplan

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Left Foot, Apr 23, 2017.

1. R_A

R_A Darren Albert

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Who's decision was it to go for the 2 points? Brown's or the captains?

I felt after that we just went back in the motions and never looked like having the momentum we did early in the game. I could have even lived with it if we had a crack and didn't get the try, just don't kill the momentum and put pressure on the other team going on the attack!!!
    8 points isn't going to win us footy games

If that was Brown's choice then I thought he would have learnt from the last few weeks, it's not the first time it's happened.

Now that Hodkinson has gotten a wake up call to get it together and play like he wants to lead the team around the park do people expect him back in first grade?

2. Kurriboy

Kurriboy David Fa'alogo

I hope not, but really, who else is doing a better job then Hodkinson?

Feeney isn't really working to be honest.

We really are ruined at halfback.

3. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Feeney's had 1 game, give him a chance before we write him off for the short term. Hokko can either go 2 ways, he continues to play bad & stays in Cup, or he decides he wants to stand up & takes his position back. Brown said whether he gets picked in the NRL side again will be judged on his performance, so that gives Hokko the opportunity to lift his game, rather than being stuck in Cup no matter what like with Uate & Stockwell.

88Knight4life likes this.
  4. EASBay17

EASBay17 Bill Peden

Feeney has shown with every chance he has been given that he isnt NRL standard. hodkinson will be back in the top grade sooner rather than later, i do have a feeling Brown will keep the captaincy with sione and allow hodkinson to play his own game.

beau likes this.
  5. Jaybro

Jaybro Todd Anderson

Look I'm not going to head up the Feeney defence but he's had limited chances in FG in his preferred position and he's here for this year so we might as well see what he's got. Lamb looks like he might be struggling a little maybe bringing Hodko back and giving a Lamb a spell in reserves might be an option. It would A bring back some experience in the halves B give Lamb a chance to build some confidence again and C give Feeney more time in FG to get a larger sample size to see what he's got.

Also once Cogger is back I'd also give him some game time maybe in the last quarter of the year ?

I watch Feeney and think 'there's a good footballer in there somewhere'. It reminds me of watching Wade Graham play for Penrith, you could tell he was a good footballer but just wasn't clicking at the time ......

88Knight4life likes this.
  6. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Adam MacDougall

Agree,
    I said last week that they need to give him at least a month to find his groove and gel with the boys around him on the field.
    Hodko needs to really be making noise in reggies before he comes back to firsts.

Jaybro likes this.
  7. Jaybro

Jaybro Todd Anderson

What's more beneficial for us, having Hodko play reggies or resting his knee ?

A player like Hodko doesn't need time in reggies IMO to prove himself and with his knee I think a few weeks resting it would be better than him ......

8. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Adam MacDougall

Nothing wrong with his knee mste!
    Its all mind over body and confidence for hodko.

9. Kurriboy

Kurriboy David Fa'alogo

Since when?

10. Tubby

Tubby Alex McKinnon

He came out and said himself

11. Kurriboy

Kurriboy David Fa'alogo

12. Kurriboy

Kurriboy David Fa'alogo

Well that removes any inkling of consideration towards his form being a byproduct of having a crap knee.

13. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He also said he had the best pre-season ever. I'd be surprised if we see Hodko again and he'll leave by the end of the season.

14. Jaybro

Jaybro Todd Anderson

It's well documented he has a bad knee and Barry Toohey as said he's knee is giving him troubles. Trent can't really come out and say my knee is stuffed I can barely run on it, but I'm going to hang in to get paid can he ?

What's the reason he can't kick in general play then?