Browny's Gameplan

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Left Foot, Apr 23, 2017.

1. MisterLevy

MisterLevy Jake Mamo

Hagan won a premiership.

2. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Smith didn't have a Johns

3. MisterLevy

MisterLevy Jake Mamo

Brown doesn't have the team Smith had.

Tasgirl likes this.
  4. slotmachine

They've had the same amount of time to clean out and rebuild. So who's fault is that.

5. MisterLevy

MisterLevy Jake Mamo

They didn't start from the same position.

6. slotmachine

Yeah, Smithy lost the best rugby league player ever when he took over.

7. MisterLevy

MisterLevy Jake Mamo

And he still had a better team, front office and club culture etc than what Brown inherited.

8. MisterLevy

MisterLevy Jake Mamo

I'm not 100% sure Brown will save us.

But I'm 99.99% sure getting a new coach within the next season or two would be worse.

9. slotmachine

Unless we get a new owner who wants to go in another direction Brown will see out his contract even if he doesn't win another game. The NRL don't care and wouldn't want to pay him out.

10. MisterLevy

MisterLevy Jake Mamo

I think we need to wait to see how the rest of our cap money is spent before we cast judgement.

This whole situation does worry me though.

But I think it's the bigger forces at work that have put us in this position.

Brown may not be the best coach. But he can't be blamed for things out of his control.

Only time will tell.

11. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    Makes me wonder what would've happened if Smith was still in charge. The team we had in 2009 on paper was really not that flash at all, but by the way they played they could've beaten any team on the day. Maybe we could've had more finals games under our belt, who knows?

Tasgirl and MisterLevy like this.
  12. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Adam MacDougall

One thing out of all of this that i think many could now agree is how much we sometimes underrated Mullen,
    The guy had average forwards his whole career and we still could blow teams away when he was firing!!

Lefty, EASBay17 and Beatell like this.
  13. Left Foot

Left Foot Shane Christensen

Shifting Feeney to hooker and moving Sione to halfback.. how is that out of Browny's control?
    We can do a lot worst than having Randell in the 17 somewhere.

14. nunnsy

nunnsy Tony Kemp

I never underrated mullen i might be a bit biased but i thought he was up there with the best when on his game and we were at least a 10 points better team with him in the side. I was devo when the news first come out earlier this season.

88Knight4life likes this.
  15. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    So were a lot of us nunnsy.

For mine that is where Brownie's game plan crashed before the year started. Add Rory not making it to the playing field, Pythian out for the year in game one, Buhrer's broken leg and Barnett hobbling for weeks before having surgery on his ankle, not a lot left is there?

MisterLevy and 88Knight4life like this.
  16. Jaybro

Jaybro Todd Anderson

I always thought Smith signed with Roosters than was sacked after the side went on a losing streak ?

I really liked how things were going in 09, we had a real solid squad of hard workers and some real danger in the back line. It's a shame Smith left he seemed to be building something and if I remember rightly we were still a shot at top 4 before he signed with roosters ......

17. Jaybro

Jaybro Todd Anderson

Korbin walking out also didn't help, plus Pauli and Mateora being injured they haven't gotten back to full fitness yet .....

I wonder if Brown regrets not giving Fensom the 2 year deal he was after ?

18. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Correct Jaybro. Politis made him an offer he couldn't refuse and we allowed to leave a year early by mutual consent. He was never sacked.

Mind you a lot here were not happy with his way of doing things and cutting so many locals.

Korbin was never going to contribute anything here. As Bennett said he was doing some 'social loafing' here is all.

19. nunnsy

nunnsy Tony Kemp

Korbin is not doing much more at the broncos, last year at the knights he was averaging 81m a game at the broncos this year 82m a game although he would still be our 2nd best prop behind Dan safiti.

slotmachine likes this.
  20. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Still ****s me that. And it's not something that's been taken out of context by Knights fans like the Aku accepting if he has to play reserve grade quote, it's just a straight w*nker comment by Bennett. Unfortunately for us it was a true statement.