Brock Lamb suitors

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Wobbles, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Wobbles

Wobbles Shane Mackley

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/02/27...d-boy-matt-lodge-in-more-controversy-the-mole

I know it's reported by the Mole, but still worth noting.

Knights rookie is hot property

Boom Knights rookie Brock Lamb is fast developing into the hottest property on the open market for 2019.

The Knights are attempting to lock up the 21-year old, who debuted for the club in 2016.

But the classy five-eighth is in the sights of three of the NRL's big guns - Manly, Melbourne and Brisbane.

Lamb's manager Gavin Orr says the youngster has some big decisions to make in coming weeks.

"We have to decide whether to do a deal with the Knights now or wait and see how the season pans out," Orr says.

"He is in great shape and should have a good year alongside (new buy) Mitchell Pearce so he may want to wait and test out the market."

2. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He'll have offers over 500k because quality playmakers aren't exactly thick on the ground these days, and there's no way the Knights will match that.

3. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I would hate to see him in a Broncos jersey. Storm could be understandable seeing as though Munster could slot back to fullback once Slater hangs them up. We still have a possibility to retain him, but not as much as other potential suitors.

4. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Clint Newton

Hopefully the next 4-5 weeks/rounds we will see how Watson V Lamb works out and if Lamb is top then we can not only offer big money but 1st grade spot as I am sure that's what he wants, no point in leaving otherwise. Based on our cap situation we can afford to keep him BUT will he stay.
    Would hate to see him play against us, no matter which team and let's face it Manly would be most likely, most in need of 5/8 and nearest to home.

Lefty likes this.
  5. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Whatever the outcome Orr will get him $$$

6. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Darren Albert

If Watson kicks on in the 5/8 position and Lamb has to move elsewhere then good luck to him, no hard feelings and all the best.

If Watson is struggling at 5/8 and isn't working out, Lamb will get his shot and the rest is up to Lamb.

Whatever happens, Lamb is best off sitting on his hands at the moment and not signing anything with anyone. If he doesn't get his shot he will still be a promising 5/8 held out of 1sts by Watson which won't devalue him, if he gets that shot and it pays off for him, his value will skyrocket.

Joey1245 and packo like this.
  7. BargeArse

BargeArse Robbie McCormack

He would look awfully good in that Storm outfit next season.

1. Munster
    6. Lamb
    7. Croft
    9. C. Smith

14. B. Smith

That’s salivating. Munster’s best position is fullback IMO. Could be one of the best in the game there. I’ve got big wraps on Lamb. Think he could develop into one of the games top halves, if his trajectory continues. Croft looks all class. Looks like a Cooper Cronk lite. Cam Smith is still the best in the game. Brandon Smith looks to be one of the best emerging hookers coming through.

slotmachine and LEVR like this.
  8. LEVR

LEVR Banned

If he goes to the Storm he will realize his potential, which is huge.

He sees things and can execute really well. He has so much time, its a trait that only the best playmakers tend to share. In that system he would pickup a record number of try assists each year

On the plus side, at least we'll have two fullbacks

danknights and Wobbles like this.
  9. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Be interesting, hopefully Watson kills it and Lamb sticks around as a backup.

10. danknights

danknights Timana Tahu

He won't stick around as a backup. Why would he? Has better skills then our current 6 by default. If another club wants a 6 or 7 and an nrl spot he is your man.

11. Lord of the Skraelings

I wasn't saying what was best for Brock Dan only what's best for us which is all I care about.

12. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Let’s make another thread where we can take more potshots at Watson.

13. Lord of the Skraelings

Worst thing that's happened in the past 20 years is players becoming personalities. I honestly couldn't care less about players personal lives aside from if they do something wrong sack them, and I certainly don't care about the reasons behind their mistakes.

All I care about is if they are playing well, all its done is turned players into bleeding hearts.

Remember big league 20 + years ago used to be a great read without knowing what their favourite food is and movies and garbage.

If a locals the best option put them in there, pressure's on Lamb to show that, if Watson's a better fit the team brillant.

I cheer for the colours, players, coaches and managers come and go.

EDIT Far out the way some people have worked themselves into a spin over Lamb being the second coming is a joke, yes he looks promising but so does Lamb and a runner with a stack of quick pass is a lot better than Lamb for our makeup.

Lockwire211 likes this.
  14. Lord of the Skraelings

For petes sake really?

15. LEVR

LEVR Banned

We will have two fullbacks? Isnt that the plan?

16. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    I think we get along better with our turd roster. Too many people here aren’t use to having depth. It’s like they don’t accept it.

Ross was one of the best last season and people were calling him out after the team got beat in a trial Haha.

We competed last year but lacked experience to close a game out. Everyone has grown and we’ve added quality players.

We will be a good team this year and improved.

17. Joel

Joel Touche...

Yeah pretty much hey judging by everything Brown has said and what we have seen so far, hopefully it works.

18. danknights

danknights Timana Tahu

Ahh I think I'd rather a timed and well thought out pass over a quick pass any day of the week. Lamb is a runner WITH a brain. A playmakers one at that. How many times did he see himself in open pasture last year? A fair bit of you go back and watch games. He is just not a speedster.

Beatell and LEVR like this.
  19. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Clint Newton

The Lamb Watson situation will be resolved in first 4-5 weeks, either Watson makes it or Lamb replaces him.
    From Newcastle team situation the best result would be Lamb to 5/8 and Watson as super sub, then we can keep both. If Watson makes it, better than Lamb, then good on him and we loose a very good back up in Lamb. That means we have a top quality 5/8 either way.

20. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

How would Watson be a super sub? You've already got Levi on the bench.