Brock Lamb set to leave the Knights

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Joshhh, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Jaybro

Jaybro Keith Beauchamp

He was pretty popular at the end of last season, a lot of people were concerned that the signing of Pearce and Watson would result in Lamb leaving with many people wanting him to start in front of Watson.

2. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Clint Newton

True

Jaybro likes this.
  3. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Yeah but a lot of people would of rathered Lamb over Pearce also..... im sure you can connect the dots

4. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Surely no one was that delusional?

5. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Hmmm well not many, but many thought Pearce was a very very very did i mention very overrated player and choked at the 800k - 1mil price tag.

6. BargeArse

BargeArse Robbie McCormack

I was excited by Lamb’s potential going off of how he progressed last year and his form at the end of the year. I thought with the confidence/experience from last year, a big offseason under his belt and more talent around him, I thought he would’ve been on the up and up this year. The chances he’s received, he hasn’t produced and has been disappointing. Meanwhile, Watson is continuing to grow.

7. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    His since proven in a decent team he has zero athleticism.

8. danknights

danknights Timana Tahu

You are right Lord but some of the best footballers I've seen haven't been the greatest of athletes. Lets hope lamb turns out to be one. Mr k gidley is a fine example.

9. Hughburt6

Hughburt6 Trent Hodkinson

Are you kiddding? Gidley was an athlete more than he was a natural footballer. His fitness was his one of his best strengths

10. Frank McWilliams

Lamb was seriously considered first grade end 2017, discussed if him and Watson then a bloke called Pearce came along and style of game etc changed, no Pearce then Lamb is Half and would play his game, Pearce and Watson and suddenly Lambs style doesn't fit, no change in ability of all involved just the style and Lamb don't fit in, Cogger don't quite fit either, but no Pearce or Watson and Cogger 7 Lamb 6 and we are ok, not Pearce and Watson but ok. It's called "changing of the guard"
    Comparing Pearce and Lamb isn't being fair, like apples and oranges

11. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    I think Lamb is rubbing people up the way because of what the Media is reporting.
    I think he means running, jumping freak athlete.

12. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

That's been put to bed thankfully.

Jaybro likes this.
  13. danknights

danknights Timana Tahu

I'm referring to the biggest,fastest,strongest athletes. Gids wasn't any of those but he worked hard. Lamb should try take a page out of gids book is what I'm saying.

Frank McWilliams likes this.
  14. Frank McWilliams

Lamb along with Cogger have been our best potential local halves for a while. At this time Lamb is not going anywhere with us and unlikely to obtain a decent contract with guarantee to play firsts. If that is the case he would be best staying for what he can get and developing his game to more suit what is required and if that requires fitter and stronger then so be it, he will reap the rewards in upgrade of future contracts, only needs to sign for 1-2 years for now. At this stage it should suit him and likely suit the Knights.

15. Jaybro

Jaybro Keith Beauchamp

For me personally I still think Brock will end up being a good NRL 5/8 he showed last year that he has the skills.

I feel for a few of our guys they've had a case of 'second year syndrome' even though for some it is their third year in grade lol.

Rewind your minds back to the second half of last season Lamb was on fire with three MOM awards in a row, both the twins were easily running over 100m per game and even guys like King were doing good and starting to look like they belonged in the NRL.

So far this year only Fitz has gotten better with the rest looking as though they've taken a step back, it's common for young players to have that 'step back year' so I'll hold my judgement on these guys for now as I feel I saw enough last season to believe they'll still become good players.

16. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Yeah sure and we won the spoon big time. Another Tyrone Roberts for mine.

17. BargeArse

BargeArse Robbie McCormack

He’s struggled this year in limited action, but he’s only 21. That doesn’t mean he’s going to automatically reach his potential, but it would be silly to write him off at such a young age when he has flashed nice ability.

Wobbles, Jaybro and Lefty like this.
  18. krustykraz

krustykraz Scott Conley

19. Frank McWilliams

If Lamb goes then not sure if we will get any suitable replacement from other clubs who would be willing to sit behind Pearce and Watson in reserves. Might have to look inward, Hazard and Johns in reserves and Loughrey and Birch in 20's who might not be eligible next year. I know the local haters will be jumping up and down but we might not have a choice, pity about Pythian could use his versatility

20. R_A

R_A Darren Albert

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    The Knights haven't made an offer because it is already known it will be rejected by Lamb and his manager, based off their previous discussions and the article in the OP. What a shock! Who'd have thought!?!?

If he can get that kind of money elsewhere then good on him and good luck to him. The media also making it sound as if he hasn't had a fair crack to make his mark in first grade when he has is an interesting one too.

Hard to find sympathy for him these days other then when he was bought in.