Brock Lamb and Jack Cogger re-sign with the Knights

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Lamb and Cogger commit to Knights

Wed 21st January, 04:34PM

The Newcastle Knights has re-signed emerging halves pair Brock Lamb and Jack Cogger to three and two year contracts respectively.

Lamb is a 17-year-old West Maitland Reddogs junior while Cogger is a 17-year-old Toukley Hawks junior.

Five-eighth Lamb and halfback Cogger recently represented the Australian Schoolboys in England and have also been selected to participate in this week’s 18’s NSW Origin Pathways Camp.

“We are really pleased to secure both Brock and Jack for the next few years,” Director of Football Michael Hagan said.

“They have progressed well through our system and it was a priority to retain the two of them.”

The young duo stepped up and played in the Under 20s competition in 2014 and are set to play a pivotal role in the Under 20s this season.

“Brock and Jack have not only come through the grades together at the Knights and at rep level but they are good mates that compliment each other very well on the field,” Under 20s coach Troy Pezet added.

“I know they are looking forward to a big year and building on their strong finish to 2014.”

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2015/01/21/lamb_and_cogger_comm.html

Great news for two big up and comers.

As I said a few months ago, signing Cogger and Lamb was more important than signing the Mataútia boys.
We have outside backs falling out of the trees at the moment, but brilliant young halves come along every 10 years or so, and we must keep them when we can.

Last edited:
It's good our talented kids are keen to stay at the Knights (the one's with opportunities to go to other clubs I mean). Something must be going right at the club at the moment. They all want to play here. :D

So is that including this year? Or is it through to 2018/2017?
I think the boys were already signed for 2 and one years - so I think what they have done is extended them both by another year, and probably upgraded their contracts so they can both be basically fulltime players.
Just guessing, but i'd imagine they'll spread their HSC over two years (like other players have done in the past).

Back