Brian Smith in search of back-up options

Renew Brian's contract for 2010 and beyond?

• Yes, he has changed the club and deserves it.

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • No, he was bought for a cleanout and that is over.

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Depends on what he dishes out in 2009.

Votes: 23 46.9%

• Total voters

Ms.Nobody

Banned
As per the thread title. Smith has one last year with us, do you think after 2009 we should re-sign him ASAP or look elsewhere?

If we make the top 4 it's automatically renewed
if we make the 8 he should be offered a new contract to but if we don't maybe a new coach

I'd have to say look elsewhere also. We needed a cleanout and Smith was the best man for the job. He is a master piece but I just don't think he is the man to carry players through for the next 3 - 5 years.

If BS's contract is not renewed Johns should coach them he has that will to win and passion that few people have

Good to see some other people starting to turn their backs on BS. He has done what he was brought here to do. He hasn't won a premiership in 25 years, I don't ee him winning one soon. Lets get the man who can take us to Premiership Glory.

no.

BS was our change agent.

the change is effected, we need someone who can galvanise the new squad and take them forward.

BS stays we are going to lose a few of our better players for 2010.

I would love to see Ricky Stuart here next. I reckon he could take us to the title. then pizz him off after 3 years too.

I voted "Depends on what he dishes out in 2009." But this time next year either way I think I will be asking for a new coach. As mac said if BS stays we will lose some of our better players next year.

If BS's contract is not renewed Johns should coach them he has that will to win and passion that few people have

I don't think he ever will, it will just put ongoing pressure on him. Something, which we all know he cant handle at times.

What ever dishes out, he has done the job well so far but his job is now more difficult: to win a premiership (or top 4 atleast). We'll see what happens.

Back