Brett Kimmorley’s wife Sharnie passes away

Discussion in 'General Rugby League' started by rhugh89, Mar 24, 2017.

1. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

‘She fought as hard as she could until the end’: Tributes for Brett Kimmorley’s Sharnie

Annabel Hennessy, The Daily Telegraph
    March 24, 2017 8:14am

THE rugby league world is today grieving for Brett Kimmorley’s wife, Sharnie, the mother of four daughters, who has died from cancer.

Friends and colleagues last night began paying tribute to the 38-year-old partner of the former Test halfback.

The former Knights, Storm, Sharks and Bulldogs star’s wife was diagnosed with brain cancer in 2016.

Former Sharks teammate Michael Ennis told Fox Sports this morning that Sharnie had “fought to the end” after being diagnosed with brain cancer in June last year.

“(Sharnie) fought as hard as she could until the end, and in the end the illness got her,” Ennis said. “It’s just a real tragic time for Brett and the four young girls.

“We are lucky in these situations to have rugby league around us, and he (Brett) has got plenty of support in that regard, but it’s a difficult time for everyone, especially Brett and his four girls.”

“One thing about Brett Kimmorley, he’s one of the best family men I’ve ever seen,” Newcastle great Matty Johns told Triple M’s Grill Team.

“While we’d finish a game sometimes and some of us other bozos would go out and have a beer — he never would.

“Even when he was doing it tough. I remember once at the Sharks, he was sitting there with Sharnie and I said ‘come on mate, let’s go out, you and me will have a beer’.

“And he said, ‘no, I’m just going to go home with Sharnie’. That’s what he was like.

“It’s just not fair. But those four girls, if they need a father to look after them and they need strength — they’ve got the right one.

“He’s a strong-minded, tough little fella, a terrific bloke. Your heart just breaks for the family.”

A dedicated mother to four daughters Maddie, Mia, Ava and Ivy, in 2005 Sharnie told The Daily Telegraph Brett “still got nervous” when left alone to manage the daughters.

“I’m used to it but with Brett’s training he’s not with the girls all day so he still can’t handle it, he worries,’’ she said

Brett “Noddy” Kimmorley, 40, is recognised as one of the nicest men in the game.

He retired at the end of the 2010 NRL season from the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.

Others to have paid tribute include NRL chief Todd Greenberg, Wendell Sailor, Andrew Voss and his former clubs.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e/news-story/b3a130031978afe650e4317d9f720d59

2. Tasgirl

Tasgirl Tasgirl

self funded redundant
  3. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Really sad, Thoughts are with Brett and his family at this time

Tasgirl likes this.
  4. Lefty

Lefty Dairi Kovae

I saw Brett up in Newy at Christmas, he was doing some Shopping at Lake Macquarie in Mt Hutton.

I feel so sorry for him, his daughters and the rest of their family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk