Blake Ferguson

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by rhugh89, Jun 7, 2018.

1. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Not a big enough sample size to know how Moga would have gone over the course of the season.

Brand new club, coming off a shoulder reco with no pre-season he was obviously our strongest ball carrier and line breaker in the outside backs.
    His defence was rubbish but a) he's never been a good defender and b) which one of our centres can defend?
    His combo with Ross was funny it was so bad, but that's to be expected when they'd never played together before. Ponga was the same linking with the wide players but everyone has got up to speed now.

You never come back from an ACL better, but even at 90% there's not a better left centre at the club currently.

2. cowboyman

cowboyman Timana Tahu

Hospitality
    Said it as soon as he did the injury I wouldn’t be surprised if he hangs the boots up. 4th reco is it not and only in his mid 20’s still... His knees will be shot by the time he reaches 30.

It really is surprising to see how much mental strength he does have to keep coming back after all the rehab when you see the silly sh*t he is known to do on the field at times.

If he does make it back you’d have to think he would need at least half the season in reserves to build up the confidence in the knee again anyway.

3. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Ive said it before and I'll say it again.
    A reco done right in todays medical world can be better than how is was firstly.
    Its all in the head from there on.
    Slade and moga can bunk together for the next 6mths and push each other when times get tough.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  4. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Jail talk?

5. cowboyman

cowboyman Timana Tahu

Hospitality
    Can say that many times. Try telling Moga that who has done both knees now with one being multiple times.

He is going to have 80 year old man knees by the time he hits 30.

6. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Push eachother? How about pull eachother

88Knight4life likes this.
  7. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Clint Newton

Lol such a fiction you carry on with. You repeatedly have said the dog has been throwing some sort of temper tantrum.

Out of position on purpose is laughable. As if any of these blokes are going to do something like that. Sharper footy brains than us would pick up on that quick smart.

The secret behind the dogs from drop is Moga coming in for sure. They didn't really seem to gel and for mine Moga was getting the ball and not even considering his outside man.

Ross also used to swap to center for a play every now and then and from memory that ceased when moga came in.

I'm not blaming Moga for their situation, just an observation to point out we don't really know what the reasons are.

Let's see how whoever the winger is goes if Moga makes it back and whether Moga uses his winger effectively.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Frank McWilliams and krustykraz like this.
  8. 88Knight4life

So has Griffin....
    They both are mentally strong already as individuals, combined they can make the road back to full health.

9. krustykraz

krustykraz Rodney Howe

We will find out in 2019

10. 88Knight4life

Hopefully, we need them.

Lefty and krustykraz like this.
  11. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Barry Toohey in the paper today.

12. R_A

R_A Darren Albert

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    He made some fair points but I think it is just more then a location or not being a glamour club like the Roosters or the Broncos.
    From what I remember back in the day Rick Stone used to meet potential free agents that were interested in at McDonalds with the paperwork midway between Sydney and Newcastle. And usually these were your Matt Hilder type of players. Can you imagine a marquee player being treated like that? Lol I remember he came over to Kaufusi's house with his ute to help him move too.

Now players can actually tour the (better) facilities (and soon) centre of excellence to see what kind of first class treatment you get when you become a Newcastle Knight. Not everyone may be persuaded by money but there still will be opportunities to take advantage of like everyone has said in the media like former (or potential future) team mates putting in a good word or former legends telling you to sign. Young men listen to those blokes because they've walked in their shoes.

But I totally agree with Wests pouring money into junior development too as pointed out in the article. It may mean we can offer decent contracts to teenagers. Not just hopes and dreams and maybe $3000.

So while that may take a while to see I have faith on the systems they have put and will put in place the way successful teams like the panthers do

It's all about perseverance

Joshhh likes this.