Bevan French

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by josh2010, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Darren Albert

Clubs always seem to think they can rekindle a fire though.

2. danknights

danknights Timana Tahu

No thanks........

3. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He's 22 - and it's hard to play well in a team that was clearly struggling for motivation.
    I won't say he's someone I think will go well next year - but stranger things have happened - and I assume he was picked out by Mooney as a guy who is underperforming, and Mooney has a very good strike rate for picking these sort of players.

4. The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd

The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd Rod Shoesmith

Asset Manager
    I would at right price noting age and circumstances at Eels this year. Appears to have an X factor about him. Even if he starts in Cup as a back up FB or winger.

5. Hughburt6

Hughburt6 Trent Hodkinson

French is another Mamo
    Has speed to burn and can win a game for you
    But more likely to lose it for you

6. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Matt White

Project Manager
    It’s a no from me , we have too many small men already, with out a big pack laying a platform it is hard for them to shine.
    For us to succeed new year Priority should’ve focused on experienced dominating prop

7. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Darren Albert

Whatever happens with french I'm sure they are looking for props.

Not like, ok props, props, props, props, oo look Bevan French! Righto, where were we, oh thats right, backs, backs, backs.

8. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Hope Klemmer is still unhappy :giggle:

9. knightime

knightime Peter Malcolm

French has huge potential. That said, I think Watson will be in the 1 jumper or the 14 at least. French is good injury cover but probably needs to bulk up a bit.

As far as props go, the Club has shown so far that they will not rush decisions and will not sign just anyone to fill gaps. I suspect that the lack of available experienced props means we might be waiting until 2020 to see some top tier forwards join us. Toohey mentioned that the club is currently speaking with 3 senior players. If they are props, I’d suspect Seumanufagai is one of them (or we’re talking to the Sharks at least to see if they would release him early).

10. Joel

Joel Touche...

A dude said on Twitter said he was almost certain Klemmer was one of the three senior players we were in talks with. Hopefully his sister is our local hired agent and is making him see the light.

Matty23 likes this.
  11. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Darren Albert

The problem for us is when these top tier forward that come on the market all clubs want and they end up going to one of the big salary cap sombrero clubs to play for "less".

12. Tubby

Tubby Matthew Rodwell

I think it's pretty obvious Brown wants some big bodies in the outside backs, which French is not. I don't think he has shown enough to be a consistent first grade fullback

13. Chief Longhorn

Chief Longhorn Paul Marquet

1. Watson
    6. Ponga
    7. Pearce
    9. Levi
    14. Lino

Frank McWilliams likes this.
  14. Jaybro

Jaybro Keith Beauchamp

That same guy tried to say Hymel Hunt had a shocker against the Storm, when I told him Hunt hadn't even got on the field he said he didn't realise because he hadn't really watched the game :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

15. Jaybro

Jaybro Keith Beauchamp

Need to make a correction regarding French, the claim 'he couldn't get a run with the wooden spooners' isn't quite true, he had a blow up with the coach because he didn't want to play wing he wanted to play fullback. Not sure if that makes anyone feel any better but just thought that needed clearing up.

I mentioned his name as a backup/possible first grade fullback a few weeks back and got hammered, feel slightly vindicated that the club have also identified him for the same role.

16. Wobbles

Wobbles Shane Mackley

Kinda the same deal as Ross and Levi airing their dirty laundry? More money, starting spots...

Although that approach worked out well for Valentine Holmes standing firm on wanting to play fullback despite being a pretty outstanding winger.

Jaybro and member 2299 like this.
  17. Joel

Joel Touche...

Yep, scratch that info lol

"His rep career is under threat if he stays at Bulldogs. Also not getting close to his value. He will ask for a release soon. Brown was smart enough to let him know he has a contract here without actually going there formally."

In other words, he is only guessing and doesn't have legitimate info.

Jaybro and Frank McWilliams like this.
  18. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Indeed Wobbles.

However neither Ross nor Levi are Val's standard are they?

Jaybro likes this.
  19. Wobbles

Wobbles Shane Mackley

Nope, they're not. But that shouldn't matter. Regardless of a player's stature in the game, the same respect needs to be shown to their coach.
    It's a bad look when players dictate selections mid-season.

Simon Templar likes this.
  20. Wobbles

Wobbles Shane Mackley

If French ends up at the Doggies I expect that would leave Meaney playing backup yet again. Wonder if he's regretting leaving the Knights yet?

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...gs-parramatta-eels/1ux1kqjbwg1281ayk52mz7j94j

FULLBACK WINDOW OPEN FOR BEVAN FRENCH AT BULLDOGS
    The likelihood of Bevan French playing at Parramatta next season is increasingly remote.

Eligible to negotiate with rival clubs from November 1, French has made no secret of his desire to play fullback - yet Eels coach Brad Arthur has given no guarantee of that eventuating.

The Bulldogs are right in the frame to snatch French, as soon as November 1 falls.