Barnett

Aidos

Andrew 'Joey' Johns
A little worried about him.

He was head and shoulders our best forward to start the year and always thought he's an effort type player but ever since re-signing he's been well below par. I am hoping it's just a bad patch of form he's going through at the moment because we need him at his best.

He was injured for at least half his time on the field today. They carried him up the tunnel when he went off.
I don't know why they left him out there, but he manned up in defence when clearly injured.

It wouldn't surprize me if they left him out there because they knew what the injury was, because he went into the game with it.

Gave him a get out jail free card because of how good he was early. Last 2 weeks he's been almost unnoticeable.

great thread!
what has happened to this bloke? When he played u20s and for mounties he was my most hated player because of his pure aggression, almost to the point he was good at the dog shots. Last year against the sharks he put a target on paul gallen and from when he came to us he was outstanding. it seems as though he's bulked up and lost any footwork and speed he had.

bad signs that his form and aggression has dropped off since settling his future.

When i heard we were after the bloke i thought he was an upgrade of joe tapine, so far this season he's been pretty ordinary

First 2-3 rounds I thought him bulking up did him good. He was killing it and looked like a real enforcer type in the middle. He looks a bit tired now in the middle, though. That or lacking a bit of effort perhaps.

Hopefully it's just a bad patch of form he's going through and is back to his best soon.

If he puts in a few more games like today I'm sure Brown will start to question his place in the team, which will either fire him up or he goes back & works on it like Jacob.

Looked like a knee problem today, more than a corked calf at least it seemed.

He has struggled since the Souths game I believe.

I thought he was grabbing at the ankle? Something he has carried since Mounties says I believe. I think he needs to shed the kgs again and be the player we bought originally.

I think he's been playing injured since the panthers game, plus probably still getting used to playing in the middle .....

Curious to see what the general feeling is what his best role is, edge back row or middle forward ?

I think he's been playing injured since the panthers game, plus probably still getting used to playing in the middle .....

Curious to see what the general feeling is what his best role is, edge back row or middle forward ?

His mostly played lock his whole junior career and 20s through to reggies! Its his best position just needs a spell and freshen up.. like most of them

Yeah I like him at lock, he's a big man now with ball-playing skills. Either injured or burnt out at the moment, I think the weight is a good thing.

Back