Anthony Seibold appointed coach of South Sydney

Discussion in 'General Rugby League' started by rhugh89, Sep 5, 2017.

1. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Rabbitohs And Michael Maguire Agree To Part Company

Tue 5th September, 06:37PM

The South Sydney Rabbitohs and Michael Maguire have agreed today to part company effective immediately.

Following a Board meeting today, the Club met with Michael and it was agreed that it was in the best interests of all parties that Michael’s contract as Head Coach come to an end.

Rabbitohs General Manager of Football, Shane Richardson, said: “Michael helped deliver the premiership title in 2014 and for this we will always be indebted to him. He led us to the premiership victory, the 2015 Auckland Nines win and the 2015 World Club Challenge.

“However, we feel it’s time for the Club to go along a different path in terms of the leadership of the team and the direction the team is taking, and they are the responsibilities of the Head Coach.

“Michael also feels it’s in his best interest to head in a different direction in his coaching career.

“Michael is a great Head Coach and we believe he will go on to do a good job at another Club, but as I said, it’s time for a change here at South Sydney.

“On behalf of the Club’s Members we sincerely thank Michael for his efforts over the past six years. He will always be remembered as the Coach of our 21st premiership side, he helped bring this Club to a new level of professionalism, and we wish him and his family the best of luck for what lies ahead in his career and his family’s future.”

Michael Maguire joined the Rabbitohs for the 2012 season and coached 153 NRL games at South Sydney, the fourth-most in the Club’s history.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/09/05/rabbitohs_and_michae.html

2. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    It was Farah's fault.

rhugh89 and Tasgirl like this.
  3. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Grab him Titans urgently.

4. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Rabbitohs name Seibold as head coach

Thu 07 Sep, 2017, 10:34am
    ‌‌‌NRL.com

South Sydney have appointed assistant Anthony Seibold as head coach, stepping down from his role with the Maroons to take the reins at Redfern for the next two years.

Seibold joined the Rabbitohs at the start of the 2017 campaign and in addition to his position with the Queensland State of Origin side has previously been an assistant at the Sea Eagles and Storm.

Finally cracking a top coaching job in the NRL, Seibold said he was proud to lead South Sydney for the next two years.

"To become a head coach at a quality NRL club has been my career goal since I got into coaching and to have this opportunity to lead the team here at South Sydney is something I’m very proud of," Seibold said via a club statement.

"The club has a strong playing roster with some of the best emerging talent, a solid leadership group, a wonderful team of coaches and support staff, and a fantastic front office."

Rabbitohs General Manager of Football Shane Richardson added it was time for Seibold to take the next step after a long apprencticeship.

"He has a strong work ethic, a thirst for knowledge, a great relationship with all of our players, he has bought into the values and beliefs of the Rabbitohs, he has great respect for our members, and he has earned the opportunity to lead our team in its next chapter," Richardson said.

Seibold replaces Michael Maguire, who parted ways with the club on Tuesday, and confirmed David Furner would remain as part of his coaching team.

http://www.nrl.com/rabbitohs-name-seibold-as-head-coach/tabid/10874/newsid/111876/default.aspx

5. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I saw this reported on Channel 7 this morning, and they showed Gagai and said he was reconsidering his signing for Souths.
    I wonder what that will mean if he decides to give Souths the flick?

6. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Jason Hoogerworf

If he wants back offer him smaller contract, as a winger, and play him on the wing, otherwise let him go like he wanted to.

Lefty and packo like this.
  7. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    The whole "Gagai wants out" is just a load of media beat up, typical in this sport. He went there for more reasons other than Madge being the coach.

8. MisterLevy

MisterLevy Danny Levi

I agree. But Newcastle is a different prospect than when he signed for Souths

9. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    Souths will be below is next year I reckon

MisterLevy likes this.
  10. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Jason Hoogerworf

Gags would have been made well aware of our situation and the likely signing of additional and upgrade players before he signed with anyone but still he chose to leave.

Lefty likes this.
  11. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    I am with you packo.

12. Mr Goanna

Mr Goanna hung up on the glory days

it's an expensive way of doing business