Alex Walmsley

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by rhugh89, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Beatell

Beatell Sam Stewart

Richie Fauso was one of them from memory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Ethan

Ethan Darren Albert

He apparently has the best numbers for everything for a prop in the Super league he is a big guy at the top of his game and just played for his country and a lot on here arnt sure they want him ....Really .....You guys do remember that we just got 3 wooden spoons in a row hey and that last year we had a reserve grade side playing 1st grade , and that we are rebuilding ...You lot sound like you are members of a team that just won 3 premierships and has players bashing down the door to play here ....This guy is a monster at the top of his game what is wrong with you guys .....

Frank McWilliams likes this.
  3. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    40 mins off the bench in a handful of test match's isn't close to the same gruel as week in week out in the NRL. Not to mention he'll be 29 if he comes over.

Again........... Pass.

4. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    If anyone should consider there options against the NRL re concussions its the big fella, disgraceful that manly game.

5. EASBay17

EASBay17 Owen Craigie

probably wasnt the smartest move to have a fight in the undercard to mundines last fight either

6. Wobbles

Wobbles Max Chapman

That was one of the most disturbing situations regarding player health I can remember.
    At least there have been positive changes with HIA since then.

7. Ethan

Ethan Darren Albert

Test matches mate , and the best prop in the super league by all reports ...Jeez for a team that's run last 3 years in a row no one seems to be good enough ...Getting very picky ...Also most props are at they're best in they're late 20's and early 30's...

member 2299 likes this.
  8. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Too much judgement as per usual Ethan before the guy gets a run.

Better if he was free now. Don't want to get broiled in any of the so called 'transfer' payments.

Ethan likes this.
  9. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Walmsley was a mile ahead of Heighington in every aspect during the WC.
    If we are signing him as a direct replacement for the 8 year older Heighington in the 2019 squad, it has to be an upgrade.

EASBay17 and Ethan like this.
  10. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams David Mullane

Agreed Billy, based on WC he is a better prospect than Heighinton and has a few extra years left, it wouldn't hurt to consider him very seriously especially considering limited time Heighinton and Lillyman have in game. Expect to be at our best in 2-4 years he has that they don't.

Ethan likes this.
  11. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

He's apparently one of the best props in Super League so I would definitely take him, but not on massive money. And I doubt Brown/Mooney are going to get into a bidding war for him. Dragons are apparently keen, so they will offer him good money & that will be the end of it.

Battler likes this.
  12. member 2299

Retired
    I wonder if we were not too far out of the ballpark money would be the only incentive.

One would think he would be behind James Grahame and Paul Vaughan for starting positions.

13. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams David Mullane

Might suit him being bench/impact and with his pommy mate, still think we should keep our options open, strengthen us not Saints.

14. Ethan

Ethan Darren Albert

I hate that transfer payment stuff we never get it lol

15. Ethan

Ethan Darren Albert

From the interview i saw with him and the bit ive read about him and his stats he seems like a guy that would push hard for a starting spot which would make everyone else work harder ....The Poms backs except for Ellery Hanley ar'nt up to standard most of the time IMO but they do produce some very good Forwards ...Id sign him for sure for 3 years or so ....

Treadly likes this.
  16. Wobbles

Wobbles Max Chapman

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/a6bbf3c4ef1c1938726489e3641b65e8

We’re hearing English international Alex Walmsley is on the verge of signing a deal with a Sydney based club.

Standing 196cm and weighing 115 kilos, the prop is contracted to St Helens this year but ready to move to the NRL in 2019.

After learning of Walmsley’s impending deal, Market Watch informed an NRL coach who had previously looked at him.

His response was searing.

While this coach loves his size and the fact he always finds his front, he replied; “You could cook a roast dinner in the time it takes him to get up and play the ball.”

LEVR likes this.
  17. danknights

danknights Darren Albert

Something I noticed as well watching him in the wc. How damn slow he plays the ball!!!

18. Beatell

Beatell Sam Stewart

Surely that can be coached out of him though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Wobbles

Wobbles Max Chapman

Reminds me of how slow Joey used to get to his feet in the latter stages of his career, you'd swear he'd just picked up an injury.

Pushing the big fella to get up and play the ball quickly could lead to a few fumbles early on.
    Watching him find the balance between ball security and momentum could make for a few cringe-worthy moments.

20. member 2299

Retired
    That is just the way the ball is played in the English Superannuation League.

Same with wrestling etc. Slow slow slow. Mind you, slow wet muddy conditions are not the greatest for fast anything!