2019 Pre Season and Trials

The only thing they are over is having Ross on $350k playing reggies. If they offered Sio $120k they probably think Ross is on 3 times what he is worth.
Having Hunt on 100k playing Cup is no big deal. He's a nobody off the street to fill out the top 30.

The latest video of Lino has footage of yesterday's training, and Yates is training next to Guerra getting a pass from Lino, so definitely not old footage.

The latest video of Lino has footage of yesterday's training, and Yates is training next to Guerra getting a pass from Lino, so definitely not old footage.

I wonder what their plans are for Yates?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't a second tier any more. If you're not in the top 30 you can't play nrl

Although I did see something about the development players potentially being eligible after June 30.

If you don't make a top 30 somewhere or move to esl better off getting a real job and playing real nrl.

Anyone know how Sam stone went in cup last year? He’s kind of falken away from first grade
He had a decent season - just under 40 fantasy points per game - just behind forwards like JSaf, Lillyman and Yates. He made over 30 tackles most games.
Brodie Jones went past him by the end of the season I thought, so he is down the pecking order a fair way, and Beau Fermor might give him some hurry up too this year.
In short, he is slowly improving, but other guys are quickly improving.

will be our last hitout before the season starts. so we play cronulla twice in 13 days

Looks to be our only hit out this season in trial. I was thinking that today about playing Cronulla twice in two weeks.

I'll be looking to get tickets to the Maitland trial again this year. Hopefully to a different outcome.

Article in the herald says Bobby Tracey and Junior Roqica have joined real NRL sides - as has Amey, and Felise has gone to Souths I think - so the only middle forwards in reserve grade would be Yates, King and Jirah Momoisea as far as I've heard. I expect a few others from under 20s last year will get a run - but it makes a lot of sense to keep Yates.

Article in the herald says Bobby Tracey and Junior Roqica have joined real NRL sides - as has Amey, and Felise has gone to Souths I think - so the only middle forwards in reserve grade would be Yates, King and Jirah Momoisea as far as I've heard. I expect a few others from under 20s last year will get a run - but it makes a lot of sense to keep Yates.

once again you would expect to see a bit of back and forward between the local comp and isp. rociqa spent alot of time in the local league last yr aswell. amey i believe has signed with maitland.

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2018/11/15/coming-soon-knights-in-waiting/

Article saying the players to watch are Crossland, Toa, Huth, Fermor, Jones, Croker, Best and Andrews - glad to see Andrews get a mention, and see it confirmed he is getting a firstgrade off season. So far I've only seen a shadowy guy in the background of the weekly video that looked like his lanky frame.
The only young gun they missed naming is Hoy I think.

and with all those guys named, it wouldn't be out of the question for Jirah Momoisea to be the guy who has the best off season and go ahead of them all. You never know when young players have reached their peak, or which ones will suddenly take off. Jirah is the least experienced of all those guys, but he is about 6'5" and a lean 110kg or so and could thrive when mixing it with the big boys - or not - you never know.

Back