2019 Memberships

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Kurriboy, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Darren Albert

Looks like 2019 membership pricing is announced. A bit of an increase. A new silver category so it will be interesting what they categorise as silver, and where the bronze seats will be, which are currently steel memberships.

https://knightshub.com.au/2019

2. Still_Nutty

Still_Nutty Kade Snowden

Yep - I got this through the other day in the mail....and I'm expecting to be affected by the bronze/silver shift for my existing seats. Would have been nice for them to post a seating maps to at least explain which bays/seats this will affect

3. Still_Nutty

Still_Nutty Kade Snowden

Just got on to the membership team.....

bays 1,11,12,22 are bronze seating, bays 2,3,9,10,13,14,20,21 are silver seating.

This means my family season tickets have gone up by around $140 or about 39% - I'll admit that part of the original appeal was the ticket pricing for a family was certainly cheap but that also meant we hung in there when a lot of other fans would have chucked it in.

I have passed feedback on through the membership team that I am not very impressed that they term this a 'small increase' :fist:and those fans that have stuck by the club through some of it's toughest times are rewarded like this - I've had continuous membership for the past 5 years, attending pretty much every game including all these crappy 6.00 PM Friday night games to make their attendance figures the envy of most other clubs in the NRL, particularly for a team that has had 3 spoons in a row, but I might just start using my NRL pass on line and watching from a far:(

Lefty likes this.
  4. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Darren Albert

That means I will have moved from Bronze to silver seating as well. Which is an increase of $140 for me also. Equates to an increase of $28 per seat for the year so in those terms it isn't too bad.

Hopefully now they can leave the seating alone longer term and stop swapping the categories around every year.

No doubt all part of the plan to turn the club profitable again which I support, and given we are on the up there will be more demand for the seats now as the more casual fans come back, more demand = higher price.

5. Still_Nutty

Still_Nutty Kade Snowden

Yeah, I get that...I find the language a little insulting though to say 'small' increase - a 40% increase is not small for mine.

Again, it is not so much about the money, it is about the lack of reward for loyalty that seems to have been foisted specifically on those in the affected bays...even a thought to say we'll give a 10% discount off that for those renewing ticket holders, which would at least be some acknowledgement that they valued your support through the tough times...anyway, I expect that isn't going to be changing their position now

6. EASBay17

EASBay17 Lenny Beckett

My platinum tickets jumped $20 each. I can live with that considering there hasnt been an increase for quite a few yrs now

7. Wobbles

Wobbles Shane Mackley

I jagged a season ticket close to halfway at the front of the upper level in the old Western stand in '98.
    From memory that seat was around $150 per season and increased to about $200 when I didn't renew it about 6 years later.

Those were the days :applause:

Shudder to think what an equivalent seat would be going for now

8. EASBay17

EASBay17 Lenny Beckett

think that would be considered platinum aswell. Which is $415 for next season

9. bigdan

bigdan Red, Blue & Gold 24/7/365

Teacher
    Got my letter in the mail today, due to my work (**** you Friday night 6pm games) and hockey commitments, I couldn't get to many games. Looking at downgrading as a result.

10. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Darren Albert

11. kurtsux

kurtsux Rod Whitaker

Anyone know when we are to receive our membership packs in the mail?

12. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Darren Albert

I was just thinking about this myself, not sure to be honest.

13. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

No idea, Hopefully soon

14. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Darren Albert

Just got my pack in the mail today. :D

Was starting to think they had forgotten me.

kurtsux likes this.
  15. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Got mine last week