2018 Pre-Season

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Billy, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Beatell

Beatell Matt White

I think Cogger is a better prospect thank L Brooks and everyone went crazy for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Jason Moodie

We are also forgetting the pre-season trial games. Training performance isn't the only factor going in and Brown will have a few trial games to mix up some combinations.

3. Left Foot

Left Foot Mark Sargent

If Cogger plays more than 15 first grade games for us next year just give us the wooden spoon now.

4. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I think it's more likely cogger released to Raiders than playing first grade

5. danknights

danknights Clint Newton

You are at it again. Just quit.

Lefty and Tasgirl like this.
  6. mullenmagic

mullenmagic Justin Holbrook

[​IMG]

Anyone know who the guy on the left is?

7. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Could be Ofa Manuofetoa - a freakish athlete we signed from NZ Union last year - played a few games of NYC and a lot of SG Ball last year. Played some second row and some wing - didn't look like he knew what he was doing in either position.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  8. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

He looks like Brent Naden, a centre who used to play for the Panthers NYC.

9. mullenmagic

Think you're right

10. Still_Nutty

Still_Nutty Matt Hilder

[​IMG]

I'd say it's a match?

11. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Newcastle Knights recruit reveals the career goal that cutthroat reality of NRL took from him

AAP
    November 14, 2017 8:21am

NEWCASTLE recruit Aidan Guerra believed he was going to be a Sydney Rooster for life before being forced out of the NRL club.

After eight seasons at Bondi Junction, Guerra was in unfamiliar territory as the new face at Knights pre-season training on Monday.

The former Queensland State of Origin and one-time Australian representative received a rude shock when told to find a new home in 2018 but he quickly settled and embraced the challenge ahead of him in the Hunter.

“There was a time when I thought I’d finish my career at the Roosters,” Guerra said.

“That was one thing I had a goal to do — that I’d play good enough football for them to want to retain me.

“Things happen, they’ve got some good players coming through at the Roosters.

“I got my head around the fact I was going to have to leave. It was tough, I formed some really good friendships at that club and the good thing is they’ll last longer than football.

“From the moment I decided I was going to come to Newcastle, I was definitely excited about it all.”

Guerra was enticed by Knights coach Nathan Brown because of his experience and along with the likes of Chris Heighington and Jacob Lillyman, he will be charged with helping to develop the Knights’ young pack.

He described the youthful side as brimming with potential, pointing to their string of upsets over St George Illawarra, the Warriors and Parramatta last year.

“The players that stood out last year, watching from afar, was Mitch Barnett. I thought he was outstanding,” Guerra said of his fellow back-rower.

“Sione Mata’utia — he really stood up and you could see that as a young guy he was the leader for the team on the field last year. I saw that out on the field today, he’s vocal.

“When you look at players like Brock Lamb, he was playing some really good football and he played a big part in the victories the Knights had towards the end of the season.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...m/news-story/77579b79ee4a884985900e67d28eddf1

12. Billy

13. mullenmagic

Definitely Naden

14. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

It's all good Aiden. You can now play for a club that has passion, a soul and a real supporter base.

Beaumont likes this.
  15. Billy

Last guess - Teva Mataora - Sam's 18 year old brother.

16. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    Nah definitely Naden.

17. Billy

Article on the Knights site says Amey, Hosking and Hazard (who is described as a hooker and half) are signed till the end of 2018, and Sam Stone has extended for 2 more years and is now signed till the end of 2020.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Beatell likes this.
  18. mullenmagic

Confirmed by Fox Sports that Brent Naden has signed a 1 year deal.

19. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

modern burlesque dancer
    Who misses out Ross or SKD?

20. Billy

Naden is a reserve grader up till this point. He even struggled to make reserve grade in 2016 and played some Ron Massey cup.
    He sounds like a reserve grade signing, and I can't see why we let Heath Gibbs go if we need centre depth.