2018 Player and Club Statistics

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Aug 31, 2018.

?

How would you grade our season in 2018 ??

1. A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. B

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. C

14 vote(s)
    63.6%
  4. D

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  5. E

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
  2. Rob

Rob Ben Rogers

Enjoyed seeing Starling get a run, surely that pass he threw that led to a try has to be an error. The stats leaders within the club and the 17/18 comparisons are interesting.
    C

3. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I give our season a D in regards to ladder position and poor for and against.

I give our rebuild a C+ from 2017 to 2018.

Hopefully we can build another letter and have a B+ 2019

4. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Mixed opinions. On one hand 2018 was a big step forward in the rebuild, we finally shed the tag of perennial wooden spooners & easy beats, injuries were cruel to us, the spine getting barely any time together was just unlucky.

On the other hand, we were coming last for defence for the most part of the season & when Pearce went down, we practically got back to wooden spoon levels of bad. That is terrible & at some point, we will have to move beyond that. It's getting tiring having to have excuses year after year.

5. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He threw that pass just inches too far in front of Pearce who was running at a half gap. It even looked like Pearce could have taken it if he reached a bit.
    It turned to **** when it sailed past Pearce and hit the next guy in the knee, but inches further back and it could have been a try assist.

6. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Interesting that 71.4% have given a pass mark and only 28.6% a fail

Poll is till open so keep voting ladies and gents !!

7. Still_Nutty

Still_Nutty Kade Snowden

I think most had realistic expectations at the start of the year on where we should be tracking....most also probably thought it would be a gradual incline, not a roller coaster performance over the 25 rounds.

I think if you measure on what you expected before the season kick off and look where we ended up after round 25, including giving some latitude for the mitigating factors that impacted on probably 2-4 more potential wins and where that would have put us, it is hard not to accept that we still have a long way to go but we are definitely heading in the right direction:)