2018 NRL Season: Finals Week 1 discussion

If Wayne gets the axe after this season, I can’t imagine a better end to the year after that game just now. Dufty’s try right at the death was sensational.

Egg on face much ??? :giggle:

https://twitter.com/TheBarrow/status/1038668808183934976

DmoXxNdUUAAg0-s.jpg

Happy to see the broncs out, would have been happy for saints out as well, absolute sh!t club.

They won't go much further though.

On came Korbs and out went Benny and the Doncs!

Don't know how Mary can put a competitive side out next week with Widdup, De Belin and maybe Graham gone.

So the biggest talking point is why Andrew Gee is in the coaches box and why Bennett thinks there is no issue with it.
Sure if 300-400k didn't go missing from the Broncos leagues club and Gee went on to refuse interviews and re-sign on the spot before disappearing off the face of the earth then no one would have issues but here we are...

Hope the NRL clamp down and give a please explain (one where they actually get an answer)

Nothing the NRL can do, what sanction can they impose on the Broncs, Gee never charged with anything and nor were broncs.

All these clubs that get caught rorting the cap get caught by whistle blowers and self reporting. Broncs are very tight.

Nothing the NRL can do, what sanction can they impose on the Broncs, Gee never charged with anything and nor were broncs.
All these clubs that get caught rorting the cap get caught by whistle blowers and self reporting. Broncs are very tight.

Gee was never charged with anything because he literally disappeared off the face of the earth until that moment he was seen in the coaching box.

The Doncs did self report it but made sure Gee was finished and gone when the auditors wanted to question him. If he did not want to answer questions of the auditors over the $400,000 from the Leagues Club to a player that transferred to them, he has no place anywhere in the game.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...alleged-salary-cap-breach-20140527-zrq5c.html

And there are still no answers to those questions because those responsible just flat out disappeared and the Broncos shrugged their shoulders about it. And the NRL said as much in a statement.

The fact Bennett thinks there is 'nothing to see here' on the whole thing is downright disturbing. But I assume its because it may be his last game and he also may disappear off the face of the earth afterwards.

Even Ben Ikin who is about as Bennett-biased as anyone up there thinks the whole thing is disturbing.

Gee was never charged with anything because he literally disappeared off the face of the earth until that moment he was seen in the coaching box.

And there are still no answers to those questions because those responsible just flat out disappeared and the Broncos shrugged their shoulders about it. And the NRL said as much in a statement.

The fact Bennett thinks there is 'nothing to see here' on the whole thing is downright disturbing. But I assume its because it may be his last game and he also may disappear off the face of the earth afterwards.

Even Ben Ikin who is about as Bennett-biased as anyone up there thinks the whole thing is disturbing.

Ikin doesn’t see eye to eye with Bennett after the whole affair debacle.

Bennett’s image is well and truely tarnished with the public and his own family these days.

Ikin doesn’t see eye to eye with Bennett after the whole affair debacle.
Bennett’s image is well and truely tarnished with the public and his own family these days.

Actually I had forgotten to think about that, that tore the family apart at the time.

Peter Badel thinks that he would seriously consider going back down to NSW to coach whether it is 2019 or 2020. After Bennett's mates like Sailor said on Triple M he probably wouldn't bother.

I wonder whether his comments about the Gee stuff will hurt his chances of getting a job in NSW, but I guess that's not really to do with his ability to coach a team.

All of that just illustrates my point. Nothing the NRL can do, as they have no way of doing anything about it. Oh, thats right they fired off a please explain which the Broncs will either ignore, or tell them for fark off.

The NRL has a salary cap they are incapable of policing.

All of that just illustrates my point. Nothing the NRL can do, as they have no way of doing anything about it. Oh, thats right they fired off a please explain which the Broncs will either ignore, or tell them for fark off.
The NRL has a salary cap they are incapable of policing.

Guess we will see what the Broncos say to it. But yes you are right because Gee is not apart of the team. I hope they keep getting harrassed about it though.

And as expected the NRL has done nothing. To look tough they sent a please explain to Brisbane. No doubt Brisbane wrote return to sender on the envelope and sent it back.

The NRL have said "Apparently, there has been some communication about it and the matter is closed".

The NRL do nothing against the top flying teams, and to ensure they can keep some illusion that they can actually take a stance on anything, they punish heavily the lower teams, especially teams they own.

Back