2018 Knights Captain?

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by krustykraz, Oct 28, 2017.

1. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Was a bigger threat in just about every attacking aspect than Buhrer. Runs a good line, decent offload and obviously one of the fastest backrowers going around. Barnett was on par but missed a fair bit of footy (as did Buhrer).

Beaumont likes this.
  2. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

I thought he had good games scattered throughout the season, but overall was disappointing compared to what we saw at the back end of 2016. Looked like he was ready to have a breakout season. For me, his game wouldn't even be a huge concern if he didn't get concussed so many times. His form can get better with age, experience, better players, more or less weight. But the concussions are something that needs to be fixed quick smart or he'll be an even bigger scapegoat for the fans than now but more importantly his career might be over.

3. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    That's if his cleared to play.

4. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

We have so many forward options next year I wouldn't say any of them are 100% certain starters next year - especially since Dan and Barnett are both getting over surgery for most of the off season and in some doubt for round 1.

5. krustykraz

krustykraz Brett Shore

There's an article on the telegraph website about the nights using a leadership guru to help pick a captain. I cant read it because I dont have an account and ive gone over my daily limit. could someone please post the article?

6. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Basically says its between Buhrer and Pearce.

7. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

just google the headline and you should be able to read it

8. BargeArse

BargeArse Cory Denniss

They could have a leadership group which keeps everyone in line and self disciplines for Brown. I’ve heard that to be quite effective.

Pearce, Buhrer, Lillyman and Guerra. That’s a lot of experience and leadership right there for the young guys to keep them in line and consistently doing the right things.

9. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Pearce he will be moving the side round the paddock and calling the shots. Anything else is just BS PR to keep the local home grown products happy.

Lefty, EASBay17 and Tasgirl like this.
  10. Left Foot

Left Foot Keith Beauchamp

If Cogger continues to kill it during the preseason, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him captain the first grade side from NSW Cup lol

Wobbles likes this.
  11. danknights

danknights Darren Albert

You are a serial pest. Give it up. Go and choke on the supercoach.

12. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

We have a couple of posters on here who’s only purpose is to hang sh*t on Billy. They contribute next to nothing and only wish to start arguments. It wasn’t particularly funny to begin with and now it’s just childish and boring.

danknights likes this.
  13. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

and the amusing thing is I've had them both on ignore for almost 2 years I think it is now, and with the new format, if you guys didn't mention them, I wouldn't know they are here, so it's only you guys who have to put up with them.

mozza likes this.
  14. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Leadership guru to help Newcastle Knights rebuild, captaincy call

David Riccio, The Daily Telegraph
    December 9, 2017 8:00pm

THE leadership consultant who has engineered AFL premierships, netball gold medals and cricket dynasties has been recruited by Newcastle Knights to help guide their rebuild.

And that includes deciding whether Mitchell Pearce or Jamie Buhrer captains the club next year.

Ray McLean has worked with AFL clubs Sydney, Hawthorn and Adelaide to develop their premiership-winning leadership structures.

The Australian cricket team, Australian netball team, NBL’s Sydney Kings and NRL clubs Melbourne Storm and St George Illawarra have also employed him.

McLean is headed to the Knights this week.

Over the next few months, with the tools and guidance of McLean’s leadership and management company, Leading Teams, Knights coach Nathan Brown will determine if Pearce is made captain.

Brown is a big fan of Buhrer, who led the side this year, and the respected forward may retain the C beside his name next season.

However, Pearce’s evolution as a player must include stepping up as a leader and a natural progression is the captaincy.

A major lure for the star halfback to join the Knights was his ability to use his experience of 238 NRL games to lead many of the young Knights players.

Recently, Pearce said: “I see myself at a point of my career where I am excited to take that leadership role.”

Over the next two months, we’re about to learn if that includes the captaincy.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/0f6674d724470b4b456e71fef0348761

Still_Nutty likes this.
  15. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Ben Rogers

Project Manager
    Thanks RHugh89, doesn't say that much we have not already speculated on except the guru

rhugh89 likes this.
  16. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Got a couple of friends on ignore myself, miss left foots and nick w going to pieces the second we have try scored against us lol.

17. Captain Planet

Captain Planet Andrew Tangata-Toa

Whore
    "captain" planet to the rescue

rhugh89 likes this.
  18. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Paul Rauhihi

I tried this but couldn't get it to let me read the articles. Is there a trick to it?

Anyway, Pearce has to be captain, he has been brought here to lead the club, told he can make this side his own. He will be on the field for the 80 and responsible more than any other player with the direction the team is going. No brainer really.

19. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Kurriboy you can only access those articles á lá Telegraph if you are a paid up contributor and I refuse to give that so and so anything!

After Uncle Rupe's $68 billion for 21st Century Fox he really does not need my miserable few dollars to read his crap!

Tasgirl likes this.
  20. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

Pearce (c) Buhrer (c) thats what i feel it will be.